There are currently no items in your cart.
Dixit Dominus HWV 232 by George Frideric Handel (1685-1759). Edited by Hans Joachim Marx. For basses. This edition: Stapled, Urtext edition. Replaces BA 4002-82. Psalm 109. Single part. HWV 232. 17 pages. Duration 40 minutes. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA10704-86).
ISBN 9790006526598. 32.5 x 25.5 cm inches.
Handel wrote the famous Dixit Dominus with the text of Psalm 109 during his time in Italy in c. 1707. Although he was only 22 years old, the work already demonstrates his wide spectrum of compositional abilities which are later fully realized in his operas and oratorios. Central to this work are the six choral movements, which - with their polyphonic structure - are closely related to German choral music of the 17th century.This newly revised Urtext performing edition offers a thorough revision of this frequently-performed work and meets all the requisites of a scholarly-critical edition. Former readings in the old edition regarding a small number of pitches, but mostly basso continuo figures and the underlying text have now been able to be amended on the basis of the new findings. In the new edition the work appears in nine movements - no longer eight - which reflects the composer's intentions.This revised edition replaces BA 4002; the new performance material is not compatible with the old one.
Dixit Dominus HWV 232
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Dixit Dominus HWV 232
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
More by this Composer: George Frideric Handel Sheet Music
Genre: Baroque Period Sheet Music