There are currently no items in your cart.
Dichter Und Bauer (Ouverture/Overture). Composed by Franz von Suppe (1819-1895). Arranged by Piet Stalmeier. For fanfare band. Arrangements of Classical Opera and Operetta Overtures/Arrangements of Classical Compositions. Classic Arrangement. Grade 4. Score only. Duration 10 minutes, 37 seconds. Published by Molenaar Edition (ML.020576060-S).
The composer of Belgian-Italian descendance Francesco Ezechiele Ermenegildo Cavaliere SuppE-Demelli (1819-1895) was active as a conductor especially in Vienna. He wrote some thirty operettas among which "The beautiful Galathea," "Pique Dame," "Light Cavalry" and "Bocaccio." His most famous overture "Poet and Peasant" was part of some theatre music written for the comedy "Dichter und Bauer" by Karl Elmar. Some adequate opening music was needed for the premiere performance in Vienna in August 1846. The poet asked the young conductor Franz von Suppe who accepted in spite of the very short term available. Actually, he rearranged some music that had already been performed without success. The music publisher Josef Aibl was present at the premiere perfomance and was so overwhelmed by this music that he immediately bought the publishing rights for the ridiculous sum of eight guilders. Being short of money, Suppe accepted but he bitterly regretted for the rest of his life as the publisher printed numerous editions and sold no less than 52 different arrangements. The story deals with the lack of understanding of a guardian for his pupil who does not abandon her lover. Though he is a peasant, that young man is also an excellent poet who even beats a poet from the city at a literary duel. This, of course, makes his prestige even bigger with the girl. Finally all ends well thanks to an old peasant. It has often been pretended that the international success of this overture is largely due to the many wind band arrangements.
Dichter Und Bauer
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Dichter Und Bauer
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Ensemble: Fanfare Band Music