Diana Krall -- Quiet Nights
Piano/Vocal/Chords. Composed by Diana Krall. This edition: Piano/Vocal/Chords. Artist/Personality; Personality Book; Piano/Vocal/Chords. Jazz; Pop/Rock; Standard. Book. 76 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.32674).
Item Number: AP.32674
ISBN 0739060198. Diana Krall.
The titles inside the Quiet Nights songbook are unnerving in their intimacy from the soul-stilling rendition of "You're My Thrill" to the inspirational version of "Where or When." The twelfth album released by Diana Krall pushes her familiar breathy contralto vocals into the realm of sweet surrender with a Brazilian-influenced flare. Titles: The Boy from Ipanema * Este Seu Olhar * Every Time We Say * Goodbye * Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out to Dry * How Can You Mend a Broken Heart * I've Grown Accustomed to His Face * Quiet Nights * So Nice * Too Marvelous for Words * Walk on By * Where or When * You're My Thrill.
- Este Seu Olhar Composed by Antonio Carlos Jobim
- So Nice Composed by Marcos Valle; Paulo Sergio Valle;Lyrics by Norman Gimbel
- Where or When (from "Babes in Arms") Composed by Richard Rodgers;Lyrics by Lorenz Hart
- Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out To Dry Composed by Jule Styne;Lyrics by Sammy Cahn
- How Can You Mend A Broken Heart Composed by Barry Gibb; Robin Gibb
- Too Marvelous For Words Composed by Richard A. Whiting;Lyrics by Johnny Mercer
- The Girl From Ipanema Composed by Antonio Carlos Jobim;Lyrics by Norman Gimbel; Vinicius De Moraes
- I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face (from "My Fair Lady") Composed by Frederick Loewe;Lyrics by Alan Jay Lerner
- Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye (from "Seven Lively Arts") Composed by Cole Porter
- You're My Thrill Composed by Jay Gorney; Sidney Clare
- Walk On By Composed by Burt Bacharach;Lyrics by Hal David
- Quiet Nights Of Quiet Stars (Corcovado) Composed by Antonio Carlos Jobim;Lyrics by Gene Lees