There are currently no items in your cart.
Der Schauspieldirektor (Komodie mit Musik). Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791). For SSTB voice soli, 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets, 2 bassoons, 2 horns, 2 clarinos/trumpets, timpani, 2 violins, viola, cello, double bass. This edition: Paperbound. Stuttgart Urtext Edition. Score available separately - see item CA.5148600. Operas, "Singspiele". Vocal score. Language: German. Composed 1786. KV 486. 52 pages. Duration 28 minutes. Published by Carus Verlag (CA.5148603).
ISBN M-007-09227-6. With Language: German. Operas, "Singspiele".
Der Schauspieldirektor ("The Impresario") was composed in the spring of 1786 to fulfill a commission from Joseph II for performance during a visit to Vienna by the Governor-General of the Netherlands. The visitors were meant to be entertained with a short German and an Italian musical comedy during a festival arranged on short notice in Schonbrunn Palace. The choice of composers fell to Mozart and Salieri. Both pieces spoofed the theatrical practices of the day. Der Schauspieldirektor, by Gottlieb Stephanie the Younger, has a loosely-constructed plot that hinges on the vanity of opera singers and the empty-headedness of many traveling companies. Frank Lustig wants to create a new theatrical troupe, for which Herr Eiler is willing to supply money, but only on condition that his lady friend is allowed to join. In the course of the piece, appearances are made by other ladies with resonant names who want to be retained as singers and who attempt to outdo each other until reason is allowed to prevail.
Komodie mit Musik
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Komodie mit Musik
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
More by this Composer: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Sheet Music Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Voice Sheet Music Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart B-Flat Trumpet Sheet Music Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Bassoon Sheet Music Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Double Bass Sheet Music Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Flute Sheet Music Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Horn Sheet Music Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Percussion Sheet Music Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Timpani Sheet Music
Format: Vocal Score
Series: Stuttgart Urtext Edition