There are currently no items in your cart.
Der Nachmittag eines Fauns for Orchestra by Claude Debussy (1862-1918). Edited by Douglas Woodfull-Harris. For violin 2. This edition: Folded, Urtext edition. Folded. Single part. 4 pages. Duration 10 minutes. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA8841-75).
ISBN 9790006541225. 32.5 x 25.5 cm inches.
Prelude a l'apres-midi d'un faune, often referred to as the first composition of the "modern" era, is one of Debussy's most popular and frequently performed orchestral works. The piece comes down to us in an array of sources, and several important ones are drawn upon for the first time in Baerenreiter's new scholarly-critical edition. Most of the currently available editions are based on the first edition from 1895 which, however, contains many engraver errors. When the corresponding orchestral parts are also taken into consideration, countless discrepancies are revealed.Baerenreiter's Urtext edition incorporates readings of a printed copy of the score from c. 1908 which shows corrections and emendations by the composer. These important changes, found in no other source, include metronome markings, different pitches and additional notes, as well as added tempo and articulation markings, which all subtly enhance Debussy's finely sculpted work. There is even a breath mark added to the famous solo flute passage which opens the work.* Scholarly critical edition with many corrections in the score and orchestral parts * Clear presentation of orchestral parts in an enlarged format.
Der Nachmittag eines Fauns for Orchestra
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Der Nachmittag eines Fauns for Orchestra
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Violin Sheet Music
Genre: Impressionism Sheet Music