There are currently no items in your cart.
Decisions by Anders Astrand. Percussion Ensemble. For percussion trio (marimba (4 1/3), marimba (3 oct), marimba (5 oct), small, medium, large crasher, small, medium, large woodblock, small, medium, large cowbell, crash cymbal (12"-13"), crash cymbal (13"-14"), crash cymbal (17"-18"), 4 high pitch tom-toms, 4 medium pitch to). Level 6. Score and set of parts. Published by Innovative Percussion (IP.E-AA-DEC).
Composer's notes: It was commissioned by Kieko Kotoku for a tour in Japan. It was premiered in Tokyo in June of 2004. "I wanted the marimba and the percussion instruments to blend so it feels ike one instrument. The result of that idea is a set-up with one mallet instrument, kick drum, woodblock, cowbell and a crasher. This set-up is what I use in the beginning and at the end of the piece, the middle section starts with an ostinato snare drum backing up the two other players who has a conversation and that ends up in a minimalistic mallet selection. In this part, two of the players have a short cadenza each that leads into a calm and meditative groove. This meditative part features the third player with some nice colors on the marimba. A wake-up call with a Drum'n Base oriented drumset transfer into the end of the piece, a recapitulation of the beginning."
"This is a complex and challenging work for percussion trio. Each player uses a keyboard percussion instrument plus an assortment of other percussion textures such as drums and both wood and metal textures. One of the marimbas may be a 4.3-octave instrument, and the other marimba must be a 5-octave instrument. Each of the percussion parts is written so that the non-tuned percussion instruments are mixed with the keyboard textures, thus making this a huge percussion palette of sound, treated as one instrument. Each player has a kick drum, with the other percussion textures written over this bass part. The piece is written in a minimal-type technique, with each motive appearing or being repeated often but introduced in different sections of the pulse or phrases. The parts are of equal difficulty, and mature players will be needed to enjoy success with this composition. There are several contrasting compositional sections, some offering the opportunity for creativity and expression." - George Frock Percussive Notes, October 2008.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensemble: Percussion Ensemble Music