There are currently no items in your cart.
Decade by Decade 100 Years of Popular Hits (100 Years of Popular Hits Arranged for Easy Piano). Arranged by Dan Coates. For Piano. Book; Piano - Easy Piano Collection; Piano Supplemental; Sing-Along. Decade by Decade. Nostalgia; Pop. Easy Piano. 256 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.39251).
ISBN 0739088793. Nostalgia; Pop.
Anyone who plays the piano has experienced the joy of playing that certain song that lights up their audience and brings everybody togetherâ€”whether it's a packed concert hall or a casual gathering of friends or relatives. This single volume equips pianists with a diverse array of songs that are guaranteed to delight any audience. The most universally beloved songs from an entire century of popular music are compiled here, from classic standards to smash hit singles and movie themes. The great sounding, easy-to-play arrangements in this folio are the work of internationally acclaimed piano arranger Dan Coates. Coates has the unique talent of coaxing lush, professional sounds out of arrangements that are surprisingly simple to master, even for the casual hobbyist. Fun facts about each piece are included to broaden understanding of pop music history and to put all of these mega-hits into perspective. For practice, performance, or pleasure, the more than 250 pages of music in this book ensure unlimited hours of enjoyment for pianists and audiences of all ages. Contents:
2000s * Hey There Delilah (Plain White T's) * Home (Michael BublÃ©) * Need You Now (Lady Antebellum) * You Raise Me Up (Josh Groban) * Falling Slowly (from Once) * Hedwig's Theme (from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone).
1990s *I Don't Want to Miss a Thing (Aerosmith) * I Swear (All-4-One) * The Prayer (Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli) * Can You Feel the Love Tonight (from Walt Disney's The Lion King) * A Whole New World (from Walt Disney's Aladdin).
1980s * Crazy for You (Madonna) * Don't Stop Believin' (Journey) * Endless Love (Diana Ross and Lionel Ritchie) * Eye of the Tiger (Survivor) * Greatest Love of All (Whitney Houston) * The Way You Make Me Feel (Michael Jackson) * We Are the World (USA for Africa) * Wind Beneath My Wings (Bette Midler).
1970s * Bridge Over Troubled Water * Dancing Queen * Desperado * Hot.
About Decade by Decade
Alfred's Decade by Decade series is jam-packed with sheet music from popular music's top songwriters and biggest stars. Each song is sure to spark a memory or create a new one for pianists or vocalists of all ages. For practice, performance, or pleasure, play and sing your way through your favorite decade in pop music history!
- You Raise Me Up Composed by Rolf Lovland; Brendan Graham
- A Whole New World (from Walt Disney's "Aladdin") Composed by Alan Menken;Lyrics by Tim Rice
- Hey There Delilah Composed by Tom Higgenson
- Falling Slowly (from "Once") Composed by Glen Hansard; Marketa Irglova
- As Time Goes By (from "Casablanca") Composed by Herman Hupfeld
- Summertime (from "Porgy and Bess") Composed by George Gershwin; Dubose Heyward; Dorothy Heyward;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- Leaving On A Jet Plane Additional credits John Denver
- I Don't Want to Miss a Thing (from "Armageddon") Composed by Diane Warren
- The Prayer (Italian/English Version) Composed by David Foster; Carole Bayer Sager;Lyrics by Tony Renis; Alberto Testa
- The Pink Panther (from "The Pink Panther") Composed by Henry Mancini
- Over The Rainbow (From "The Wizard Of Oz") Composed by Harold Arlen;Lyrics by E.Y. "Yip" Harburg
- My Funny Valentine (from "Babes in Arms") Composed by Richard Rodgers;Lyrics by Lorenz Hart
- Blue Moon Composed by Richard Rodgers;Lyrics by Lorenz Hart
- Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah (from "Song of the South") Composed by Allie Wrubel;Lyrics by Ray Gilbert
- I'm In The Mood For Love Composed by Dorothy Fields; Jimmy McHugh
- Yankee Doodle Boy Composed by George M. Cohan,George M. Cohan
- You Light Up My Life Composed by Joe Brooks
- Sh Boom Composed by James Keyes; Carl Feaster; Floyd McRae; Claude Feaster; James Edwards
- A String of Pearls (Vocal Version) Composed by Jerry Gray;Lyrics by Eddie Delange
- Moonlight Serenade (Vocal) Composed by Glenn Miller;Lyrics by Mitchell Parish
- Hey There! (from "The Pajama Game") Composed by Richard Adler; Jerry Ross
- The Trolley Song (from "Meet Me in St. Louis") Composed by Ralph Blane;Lyrics by Hugh Martin
- The Lady Is a Tramp (from "Babes in Arms") Composed by Richard Rodgers;Lyrics by Lorenz Hart
- Moondance Composed by Van Morrison
- Someone to Watch Over Me (from "Oh, Kay!") Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- I Got Rhythm Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- Night and Day (from "Gay Divorcee") Composed by Cole Porter
- The Wind Beneath My Wings (from "Beaches") Composed by Jeff Silbar; Larry Henley
- Killing Me Softly Composed by Norman Gimbel; Charles Fox
- Desperado Composed by Glenn Frey; Don Henley
- Don't Rain on My Parade (from "Funny Girl") Composed by Jule Styne;Lyrics by Bob Merrill
- The Shadow of Your Smile (from "The Sandpiper") Composed by Johnny Mandel;Lyrics by Paul Francis Webster
- It's My Party Composed by John Gluck, Jr.; Herb Wiener; Wally Gold
- Hotel California Composed by Glenn Frey; Don Henley; Don Felder
- Song from "M*A*S*H" (Suicide Is Painless) Composed by Johnny Mandel;Lyrics by Michael Altman
- (We're Gonna) Rock Around the Clock Composed by Max Freedman; Jimmy De Knight
- Don't Stop Believin' Composed by Steve Perry; Jonathan Cain; Neal Schon
- Crazy For You Composed by John Bettis; Jon Lind
- Aquarius (from "Hair") Composed by Galt Macdermot;Lyrics by James Rado; Gerome Ragni
- Dancing Queen Composed by Benny Andersson; Bjorn Ulvaeus; Stig Anderson
- I Could Have Danced All Night (from "My Fair Lady") Composed by Frederick Loewe;Lyrics by Alan Jay Lerner
- How Deep Is Your Love Composed by Barry Gibb; Robin Gibb; Maurice Gibb
- Endless Love Composed by Lionel Richie
- Bridge Over Troubled Water Composed by Paul Simon
- Heart (from "Damn Yankees") Composed by Richard Adler; Jerry Ross
- Singin' in the Rain (from "Singin' in the Rain") Composed by Nacio Herb Brown;Lyrics by Arthur Freed
- Give My Regards to Broadway (WWI Version) From "Little Johnny Jones", Composed by George M. Cohan,George M. Cohan
- I Get a Kick Out of You (from "Anything Goes") Composed by Cole Porter
- Hedwig's Theme (from "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone") Composed by John Williams
- I Only Have Eyes For You Composed by Harry Warren;Lyrics by Al Dubin
- Misty (Vocal) Composed by Erroll Garner;Lyrics by Johnny Burke
- Star Wars (Main Theme) Composed by John Williams
- Need You Now Composed by Josh Kear; Charles Kelley; Hillary Scott; Dave Haywood
- Home Composed by Michael Buble; Amy Foster; Alan Chang
- The Best is Yet to Come Composed by Cy Coleman;Lyrics by Carolyn Leigh
- Don't Sit Under The Apple Tree (With Anyone Else But Me) Composed by Lew Brown; Charles Tobias; Sam Stept
- The Way You Make Me Feel Composed by Michael Jackson
- Eye of the Tiger (from "Rocky III") Composed by Jim Peterik; Frankie Sullivan III
- At Last Composed by Harry Warren;Lyrics by Mack Gordon
- I Swear Composed by Frank Myers; Gary Baker
- Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me Composed by Harry Noble
- We are the World Composed by Lionel Richie; Michael Jackson
- Where or When (from "Babes in Arms") Composed by Richard Rodgers;Lyrics by Lorenz Hart
- The Greatest Love Of All Composed by Michael Masser;Lyrics by Linda Creed
- Laura Composed by David Raksin;Lyrics by Johnny Mercer
- Take Me Out To The Ball Game Additional credits Jack Norworth; Albert Von Tilzer
- Can You Feel the Love Tonight (from Walt Disney's "The Lion King") Composed by Elton John;Lyrics by Tim Rice
- The Ballad Of Gilligan's Isle Composed by George Wyle; Sherwood Schwartz
Decade by Decade 100 Years of Popular Hits
100 Years of Popular Hits Arranged for Easy Piano
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Decade by Decade 100 Years of Popular Hits
100 Years of Popular Hits Arranged for Easy Piano
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Genre: Pop Sheet Music