There are currently no items in your cart.
Day Dreams composed by Dana Wilson. Concert Band. For Concert Band. Concert Band. Donald Hunsberger Wind Library. Form: Suite. Contemporary. 5 (Difficult) (grade 5). Conductor Score & Parts. 436 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.29637).
ISBN 073905094X. Contemporary.
This work was commissioned in honor of the 75th birthday of the wonderful conductor Frank Battisti. It is based entirely on the musical pitches extracted from his name (FFrAAnk BABAttisti), forming the musical motive F A B A. In order to recognize the arc of his life and career, Day Dreams traces a metaphorical day. The movement titles all come from Thoreauâ€™s Walden---a place very close to where Frank spent a good part of his life. The work begins with a dramatic sunrise. The second movement represents morning (or youth), and juxtaposes two extremely contrasting and seemingly irreconcilable types of material, typical of that stage of life. The third movement explores the afternoon (adulthood), a period of sophisticated balancing of lifeâ€™s many forces. The final movement is a sunset, with each individual player saying goodbye.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Ensemble: Concert Band Music
Series: Donald Hunsberger Wind Library