There are currently no items in your cart.
Dawn Refrains at Arlington composed by James A. Hirt. For concert band (Piccolo 1/2, Flute 1 (3 players), Flute 2 (3 players), Oboe 1, Oboe 2, English Horn, Bassoon 1, Bassoon 2, Clarinet in Eb, Clarinet in Bb 1 (2 players), Clarinet in Bb II (3 players), Clarinet in Bb III (3 players), Bass Clarinet in Bb, Alto Saxophone 1/2). Grade 5. Score and parts. Duration 13:00. Published by C. Alan Publications (CN.09880).
This work is brilliantly scored and is full of depth and emotion. In tribute to the American Heroes who have sacrificed to preserve and protect freedom, James Hirt has composed a masterwork for band that challenges performer as well as listener.
Commissioned by the Cleveland Institute of Music and Case Western Reserve University Bands, Gary M. Ciepluch - Director. The composition is intended as an expression of gratitude and honor for all the courageous Americans who have sacrificed to defend and protect freedom. This single movement composition has four main sections which are subtitled: I. Count the Loss II. Freedom Remains III. But Not Forgotten IV. Solemn March of Honor Each section is intended to embody a specific mood or image associated with this austere national monument. The seemingly endless ocean of graves at Arlington National Cemetery is a reminder of the overwhelming cost of freedom. - James A. Hirt.
Dawn Refrains at Arlington
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Dawn Refrains at Arlington
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Ensemble: Concert Band Music
Level: Grade 5