There are currently no items in your cart.
Davide penitente (Cantata). Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791). Edited by Wolfgang Gersthofer. Arranged by Paul Horn. For SST vocal soli, SATB/SATB choir flute, 2 oboes, clarinet, 2 bassoons, 2 horns, 2 clarinos/trumpets, 3 trombones, timpani, 2 violins, 2 violas, cello/contrabass, [speaker]. Stuttgart Urtext Edition. Score available separately - see item CA.5146900. Oratorios, Lent and Passiontide. Choral score. Language: Italian. Composed 1785. KV 469. 20 pages. Duration 45 minutes. Published by Carus Verlag (CA.5146905).
ISBN M-007-11080-2. With Language: Italian. Oratorios, Lent and Passiontide.
The Vienna Musicians' Society, a pension fund for the widows and orphans of professional musicians, asked Mozart, among others, to compose a choral work for performance at their benefit concert series. Presumably it was due not just to the pressure of a deadline, but also for the chance to have the music of the torso of the great C minor Mass, K. 427, performed in Vienna that he chose to arrange this composition for the Society as the cantata Davide penitente (The Mass was originally written for a performance in Salzburg in 1783). Thus, Mozart set the Kyrie and Gloria with a sacred text in Italian in the style of penitential prayers. The text was suited for Lent, which occurred at the time of the benefit concert. He also added one newly-composed aria for tenor and one aria for soprano.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
More by this Composer: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Sheet Music Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Voice Sheet Music Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart B-Flat Trumpet Sheet Music Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Choir Sheet Music Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Double Bass Sheet Music Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Horn Sheet Music Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Percussion Sheet Music Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Timpani Sheet Music Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Trombone Sheet Music Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 4-Part Sheet Music Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Double Choir Sheet Music Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Mixed Choir Sheet Music Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart SATB Sheet Music Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart SATB/SATB Sheet Music
Genre: Classical Period Sheet Music
Format: Vocal Score
Series: Stuttgart Urtext Edition