There are currently no items in your cart.
Dark Moon composed by Filippo Ledda. For Concert band. Original Work. Grade 2.5. Score and set of parts. Duration 5:00. Published by Scomegna Edizioni Musical srl (S4.ESB1181).
In a cold winter night, the wind violently shakes trees and dark clouds hide the moon. Thousands of thoughts crowd into a child's mind when he tries to fall asleep. Darkness makes his bedroom seem a different place, almost a dangerous place, where dangers hide behind every corner. Every little sound catches the child's attention and makes him trouble. He is afraid of things he cannot see and even the shadow of the most harmless object in the room makes him scared. He lays still in his bed, his face under the blanket. He tries to drive troubles away thinking about the good moments spent during the day, but as soon as he starts calming down, a little buzz takes him back to the darkness of his room. Will he manage to fall asleep? To write this composition, the author used the theme of a French popular song Au Clair de la Lune. He distorted it in a hexatonic scale and created an harmonic context which can be defined grotesque and oneiric at the same time. Drums thumping rhythm, the clusters and the vocal effects aim to reproduce the fear which overcomes the child's mind. On the other hand, the original theme, cantabile and clearly contrasting, which is repeated throughout the composition, symbolizes the search for serenity. Dark Moon is a swirl of moods and states of mind and even more. It is also an unusual lullaby inspired by little fears that everyone in every time has experienced, sometimes for no reason. All those fears can be exorcized and sooth as soon as you let yourself asleep.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Ensemble: Concert Band Music
Level: Grade 2