There are currently no items in your cart.
Dances From Terpsichore, Volume 1 - Score composed by Michael Praetorius (1571-1621). For SATB recorders or SATB viols. Recorder Quartets, String Quartets, Quintets etc.. Early Dance Music. Score. Published by London Pro Musica (MM.LPMDM11).
This is the first of six volumes of dances from Praetorius mammoth collection. This volume contains bransles and courantes, as well as some of the dances with special choreographies, such as the Pavane de Spaigne.
About Early Dance Music
This series includes the best of ensemble Renaissance dance music, all of the monophonic medieval dance music, and a few 17th century collections. The first 3 volumes are complete editions of the two main sources for 16th century Italian dance music. Later volumes cover forms such as Hoftanz, and many other dances up to six instruments from the Hessen books of 1555.
- Bransle double 1 (XII)
- Bransle double 2
- Bransle double 3
- Bransle Gentil 1 (XIII)
- Bransle Gentil 2
- Philou (XXII)
- Bransle de la Royne (XVII)
- Pavane de Spaigne (XXX)
- Spagnoletta (XXVII)
- La Canarie (XXXI)
- La Bouree (XXXII)
- [Courante:] La Durette (CIII)
- Courante Sarabande (CIV)
- [Courante:]La Mouline (CVII)
- [Courante:] La Rosette (CIX)
- Courante: [So ben mi ch ha bon tempo] (CXLII)
- [Courante:] La Moresque (CVIII)
- Courante (CXII)
- Courante (CXXI)
- Courante [de la Royne] (CXV)
- Courante [de M. M. Wustrow] (CXV)
- Courante (CXXII)
- Courante (CXXIV)
- Courante (CXLVI)
- Courante (CXLV)
- Courante (CXXXVI)
Dances From Terpsichore, Volume 1 - Score
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Dances From Terpsichore, Volume 1 - Score
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Series: Early Dance Music