There are currently no items in your cart.
Crosswalk (for percussion octet). Composed by David Reeves. Percussion Ensemble. For glockenspiel, chimes, xylophone, 2 vibraphones, 2 marimbas (low A), 4 timpani, 2 bongos, 2 congas, 4 log drums, 4 cowbells, 4 brake drums, temple blocks, 4 concert toms, 3 double-headed toms, concert bass drum, 4 cymbals (splash, china, sizzle, 18" suspen (8 players). Medium-Advanced. Score and parts on CD-ROM. 20 pages. Duration 3'45". Published by Tapspace Publications (TA.TSPCE-51).
Crosswalk was written for the Center Grove High School Percussion Ensemble under the direction of Mr. Josh Torres. The make-up of the score consists of fairly standard "western" percussion instruments commonly found in the average high school's percussion inventory. Each player has a pitched instrument and four non-pitched surfaces. Though the piece is not intentionally programmatic, the title does imply somewhat of an unusual gait to the overall rhythmic structure of the music. This is realized in the very first few measures with the short repeated phrases beginning and ending across the barline and seldom finding beat one. Walking implies forward motion, and the lack of downbeat arrivals give the music that constant leaning and falling forward into the next phrase. The tempo markings further illustrate this crooked promenade idea by using a walking reference (e.g. "moderate pace," or "nervous jog") along with the metronomic marking. Crosswalk was premiered at the 2010 Midwest Band and Orchestra Clinic in Chicago, Illinois.
for percussion octet
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
for percussion octet
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Ensemble: Percussion Ensemble Music