Country Blues Guitar
Guitar (fingerpicking) - Intermediate
Composed by Stefan Grossman. Saddle-stitched, Solos. Grossman Audio. Blues. Book/3-CD Set. Published by Grossman's Guitar Workshop (MB.99465BCD).
Item Number: MB.99465BCD
ISBN 9780786659227. 8.5 x 11 inches.
Country Blues Guitar styles span a wide horizon. In these three lessons the ideas and techniques of Rev. Gary Davis, Charley Jordan, Tommy Johnson and Mississippi John Hurt are presented. The arrangements vary from alternating bass to a Delta strum to a monotonic bass. In notation and tablature with three compact discs featuring 3 full hours of note-by-note, phrase-by-phrase instruction.
LESSON ONE: Rev. Davis's Cocaine Blues and You Got The Pocket Book, I Got The Key both played in the key of C and in what Rev. Davis called 'old fashion' pickin'. The popular blues Crow Jane played in the key of E.
LESSON TWO: Charley Jordan's Keep It Clean and Hunkie Tunkie Blues both played in the key of E and presenting Jordan's unusual blues approach. Tommy Johnson's Canned Heat played in dropped D tuning.
LESSON THREE: We begin with Come Back Baby, a slow blues in A using a monotonic bass. We follow this with Mississippi John Hurt's Monday Morning Blues also played in the key of A but using an alternating bass.
- Cocaine Blues Performed by Rev. Gary Davis
- You Got the Pocketbook, I Got the Key Performed by Rev. Gary Davis
- Crow Jane Performed by Traditional, Arr. Stefan Grossman
- Keep It Clean Performed by Traditional, Arr. Stefan Grossman
- Hunkie Tunkie Blues Performed by Traditional, Arr. Stefan Grossman
- Canned Heat Performed by Traditional, Arr. Stefan Grossman
- Come Back Baby Performed by Traditional, Arr. Stefan Grossman
- Monday Morning Blues Performed by John Hurt
Customers Who Bought Country Blues Guitar Also Bought: