There are currently no items in your cart.
Contemporary Rock Styles for the Bass edited by Gary Kelly. For bass. The Collective Contemporary Styles Series. Instructional, Rhythm and Play Along. Instructional book and accompaniment/examples CD. Standard notation. 40 pages. Published by Carl Fischer (CF.CO6).
ISBN 082586268X. With standard notation. Instructional, Rhythm and Play Along.
This book and CD are about the styles and grooves that make up the full array of today's Rock scene. If you want to be a well-rounded, well-trained musician, this is the material you need to know. You will also get an insight into the constant cross-fertilization of sub-styles that make Rock a rich and exciting musical genre.The book breaks down rock into fifteen of the most important sub-styles. For each sub-style, you get a comprehensive lesson centering on a fully notated "chart" of the music on the CD. The CD contains a performance demo and then a version without the bass for you to play-along. With the sound of the music in your ears, you can study and practice the technical aspects of performing the rhythms in each style.
About The Collective Contemporary Styles Series
The material in The Collective Contemporary Styles Series represents many years of work on the part of many talented Collective faculty members, who have had the experience of playing and teaching these styles to literally thousands of young rhythm-section musicians over the last thirty years. This series is the fruit of their labor and talent with the information presented in a manner that is easy to grasp. Each book in this collection contains: historical references and background, useful information and explanations about the styles, notated musical examples of each approach, detailed points about "feel", important performance tips, extensive Discographies and Bibliographies, biographies of each author and demonstration performances and play-along tracks on accompaniment CDs.
Contemporary Rock Styles for the Bass
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Contemporary Rock Styles for the Bass
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.