There are currently no items in your cart.
Concerto in A Minor
Concerto in A Minor by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750). Arranged by Brian Slawson. Mallet Sextet. For glockenspiel, xylophone, vibraphone, 2 small marimbas (4 octaves), 4.3 octave (low A) marimba. NOTE: Two marimba players can also share a 4.3 octave (low A) marimba if instruments are limited (6 players). "Allegro" from Concerto for 4 Harpsichords & Strings (BWV 1065) mallet sextet from "Bach on Wood". Medium-Advanced. Score and parts on CD-ROM. 10 pages. Duration 2'30". Published by Tapspace Publications (TA.TSPCE-31).
Harpsichord concertos were written throughout the Baroque era, particularly by J.S. Bach. This "Allegro" from Bach's Concerto for 4 Harpsichords & Strings (BWV 1065), however, is based on Vivaldi's, Concerto for 4 Violins in B minor, RV 580. For one composer to "borrow" material from another during Bach's time was considered a flattering gesture. Mallet instruments have much in common with the attack and decay properties of harpsichords, making arrangements such as this a natural choice. Slawson's orchestrations bring this piece further to life and it will make an excellent addition to the repertoire of any percussion ensemble wishing to highlight a Baroque selection for only mallet instruments. This arrangement for Concerto in A Minor has been heard worldwide on the popular CD, Bach on Wood which helped garner Brian Slawson a Grammy nomination of "Best New Classical Artist." This piece comes with a full, bound score and includes a CD-Rom containing an audio recording and all individual parts available for printing.
Concerto in A Minor
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Concerto in A Minor
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
More by this Composer: Johann Sebastian Bach Sheet Music Johann Sebastian Bach Glockenspiel Sheet Music Johann Sebastian Bach Marimba Sheet Music Johann Sebastian Bach Percussion Sheet Music Johann Sebastian Bach Vibraphone Sheet Music Johann Sebastian Bach Xylophone Sheet Music
Genre: Baroque Period Sheet Music