There are currently no items in your cart.
Concerto for Flute composed by Robert Simpson (1921-1997). Solo. For Flute and Orchestra. Important addition to the flute literatue. Serious Concert. Advanced. Full Score. Standard Notation. Published by Winwood Music (WO.0097SC).
With Standard Notation. Serious Concert.
The Concerto for Flute and Orchestra, Simpson's first concerted work, was composed for Susan Milan in 1989. The orchestra employed is a small one (seven wind instruments, two horns, timpani, and strings) yet each instrument plays an important role. In his choice of forces Simpson has been able to provide a great variety of tone-colours and textures: ranging from tightly focused instrumental dialogues to intimate chamber groupings and the full orchestral tutti. Played continuously, the work is cast in three main sections. The opening allegretto, itself divided into two sections, leads to a central scherzo-like Allegro non troppo in energetic triple metre. Here the wind instruments make brief interjections and the timpani have a short dialogue with the soloist. The closing section of the work, an adagio, begins with strings alone. They introduce a chorale-like passage joined, in turn, by the flute soloist and the woodwind. After a passage accompanied by divided cellos the soloist is instructed to sit with the string soloists. The final section of the concerto is, then, essentially chamber music: flute and string quartet senza diretore, molto calmo. Throughout the work the soloist is called upon to produce a wide range of skills, not least the ability to adapt from the role of virtuoso soloist to an integral voice in an intimate chamber group within the same work.
Concerto for Flute
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Concerto for Flute
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Flute Sheet Music
Ensemble: Orchestra Music
Genre: Classical Sheet Music