There are currently no items in your cart.
Concerto for Cornetto (score) composed by Michel Lesourd. For Cornetto solo, trombone, 2 flutes & strings. 21st Century. Advanced. Score. Drake Mabry Productions #DMP 0482 Sc. Published by Drake Mabry Productions (S0.15498).
Michel Lesourd's Concerto for Cornet a Bouquin (cornetto) is perhaps the first concerto originally written for this instrument. The cornetto is accompanied by two flutes, a prominent trombone part and string orchestra. Written in three movements and in a "neo-classical" style, Michel's music takes surprising twists and turns while also incorporating several contemporary performing techniques (tongue-ram, pizzicato, sputato and flutter-tongue) for the solo instrument. This helps to bring the cornetto into the 21st century while continuing the classical tradition. However, there are virtually no allusions to the Renaissance or Baroque styles. Another unique feature is the pairing of many of the cornetto's solo passages with a trombone part that alternates equally between a soloistic and chamber music approach. The two flutes often seem to function like a Greek choir, commenting on the action, providing a high register support or mixing in with the strings. All this served on a layer of sumptuous string writing that, like everywhere, offers its own original treatment of traditional string orchestra writing. Michel provides a fresh approach to classical writing while bringing the players and listener into the 21st century.
About Digital Print Sheet Music
Digital Print is printable sheet music available anytime, anywhere. Just purchase, print and play! View your online sheet music at home, school, work or anywhere you have a computer connected to the Internet. Use our iPad app to view your digital sheet music on the go. With Digital Print, you can print your digital sheet music immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application.
Concerto for Cornetto (score)
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Concerto for Cornetto (score)
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Genre: 21st Century Sheet Music