There are currently no items in your cart.
Concert de Tardor (Concierto de Otono). Composed by Xavier Benguerel (1931-). For Guitarra y quinteto u Orquesta Cuerda (Guitar and String Quintet or String Orchestra). Plucked Instruments. Duration 12:00. Published by Editorial de Musica Boileau (BO.B.3452).
English comments: Despite the difficulties that he claims to have in conceiving a guitaristic language, Xavier Benguerel is composer notorious for his prolific guitar writing. If in the course of its history the language of this instrument has oscillated between melodic writing with violonistic roots and a fundamentally pianistic harmonic writing. Benguerel achieves a perfect balance between both tendencies. This opportune convergence allows the performer to employ a wide array of markedly contrasted virtuoso techniques and instrumental resources and at the same time presents the listener a guitaristic discourse with a musical richness that is perfectly balanced with the string quartet or string orchestra.
The Autumn Concerto gathers together, from a renewed perspective, some of the best discoveries the composer has offered throughout his production for guitar. Its open dialog, formal structure, instrumental efficiency and textural variety make this work very appealing when it comes to including it in a concert programme.
--Jaume Torrent. Barcelona, March 2006
Comentarios del Espanol: Pese a las dificultades que confiesa tener para concebir un lenguaje guitarristico, Xavier Benguerel se ha convertido en un compositor notoriamente prolifico en su produccion para guitarra. Si a lo largo de la historia el lenguaje de este instrumento ha basculado entre la escritura melodica de raices violinisticas y la armonica de fundamentos pianisticos, Benguerel consigue un perfecto equilibrio entre ambas tendencias. Esta feliz confluencia posibilita al interprete gozar de un despliegue de tecnicas virtuosisticas y recursos instrumentales marcadamente contrastados y, a la vez, proporciona al oyente un discurso guitarristico con una plenitud sonora perfectamente equilibrada con las propuestas del cuarteto o de la orquesta de cuerda.
El Concierto de Otono recoge -con vision renovada- algunas de los mejores hallazgos que el compositor nos ha ido ofreciendo a lo largo de su produccion para guitarra y su caracter dialogante, estructura formal, eficacia instrumental y variedad de texturas hacen de esta una obra de gran atractivo a la hora de formar parte de la programacion de un concierto.
--Jaume Torrent. Barcelona, marzo de 2006
Concert de Tardor
Concierto de Otono
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Concert de Tardor
Concierto de Otono
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Guitar Sheet Music
Ensemble: String Orchestra Music
Genre: Classical Sheet Music