There are currently no items in your cart.
Complete Rock Guitar Method (Mastering Rock Guitar). Composed by Erik Halbig. For Guitar. Guitar Method or Supplement; Method/Instruction. Complete Method. Rock. Advanced. Book. 96 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.14094).
ISBN 0739026410. Rock.
If you have completed Beginning Rock Guitar and Intermediate Rock Guitar, this is your best next step. Mastering Rock Guitar is perfect for guitarists who have been playing for a while and are ready to expand their knowledge and technique.
The book contains in-depth lessons on pentatonic extensions, the major and harmonic minor scales, arpeggios, intervals, and chords derived from scales and modes. Exercises extend technical abilities to include legato playing, speed picking, tapping, sweep-picking and bending. All music is shown in standard notation and TAB, and the CD demonstrates the examples in the book. 96 pages.
- About the Author
- CHAPTER 1 -- GETTING STARTED
- The Guitar Fingerboard
- Music Notation
- Reading TAB, Scale, and Chord Diagrams
- Roman Numerals
- CHAPTER 2 -- TECHNIQUES
- Hammer-Ons and Pull-Offs
- Legato playing
- Speed Picking
- Roll Over Johann
- Skip It
- Sweep Picking
- The Whammy Bar
- CHAPTER 3 -- PENTATONIC CREATIVITY
- The Minor Pentatonic Patterns
- The Major Pentatonic Patterns
- Combining Patterns
- String-Skipping Patterns
- Weaving Pentatonic Patterns
- One-Note-Per-String Pentatonics
- Sliding One-Note-Per-String Licks
- CHAPTER 4 -- MAJOR SCALE CREATIVITY
- Three-Note-Per-String Patterns
- The Major Scale System
- Major Scale Extensions
- Spicing Things Up
- Two-Note-Per-String Patterns: A New Approach
- The Two-Note/One-Note-Per-String Pattern
- Get Up, Get Down
- CHAPTER 5 -- HARMONIC MINOR SCALE IMPROVISATION
- Harmonic Minor Three-Note-Per-String Patterns
- Harmonic Minor Two-/One-Note-Per-Strings
- Combining Harmonic Minor Patterns
- CHAPTER 6 -- ARPEGGIOS
- Octave Displacements
- Dominant 7th
- Diminished 7th
- CHAPTER 7 -- TRIADS
- String Sets
- 2-for-1 Altered Triads
- 2-for-3 Altered Triads
- CHAPTER 8 -- CHORD CREATIVITY
- Stacked 5ths and the Pentatonic Scale
- 2nd/6th Chords from the Major Scale
- 2nd/5th/2nd Four-Note Chords
- 3rd/2nd/6th Four-Note Chords
- 2nd/5th/5th Four-Note Chords
- CHAPTER 9 -- MODE APPLICATIONS
Complete Rock Guitar Method
Mastering Rock Guitar
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Complete Rock Guitar Method
Mastering Rock Guitar
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Electric Guitar Sheet Music
Genre: Rock Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook