There are currently no items in your cart.
Complete Rock Guitar Method (Intermediate Rock Guitar). Composed by Paul Howard. For Guitar. Guitar Method or Supplement; Method/Instruction. Complete Method. Rock. Intermediate. Book & CD. 96 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.14093).
ISBN 0739026380. Rock.
Great for guitarists who know the basics and are ready to take the next step. Starts with a quick review of basic materials, then covers triads, harmonization, chord embellishment, composite scales, improvising with the modes, and more. All music is shown in standard notation and TAB, and the CD demonstrates each example in the book. 96 pages.
- About the Author
- CHAPTER 1 -- GETTING STARTED
- The Guitar Fingerboard
- Music Notation
- Reading TAB, Scale, and Chord Diagrams
- Roman Numerals
- Some Terms and Signs
- Basic Technique
- CHAPTER 2 -- ROCK THEORY REVIEW
- The Major Scale
- Key Signatures
- Cycle of 5ths
- Numbering (Spelling)
- The Minor Pentatonic Scale
- The Five Minor Pentatonic Fingerings
- The Entire Minor Pentatonic System
- The Major Pentatonic Scale
- The Five Major Pentatonic Fingerings
- The Entire Major Pentatonic System
- CHAPTER 3 -- LEFT HAND TECHNIQUES
- Hammer-Ons and Pull-Offs
- CHAPTER 4 -- MAJOR SCALES
- Playing Two-Octave Major Scales
- Melodic Patterns
- Licks Using the Major Scale
- The Composite Scale in G Surrounding the 2nd Inversion Triad
- More Composite Scale Licks
- CHAPTER 9 -- NEW CHORD FORMS & RHYTHM GUITAR
- Functional Harmony
- Diminished 7th Chords
- Basic Extended and Altered Dominants
- Rhythmic Notation
- Rhythm Guitar Examples
- CHAPTER 10 -- MINOR SCALES
- The Natural Minor Scale
- Natural Minor Scale Fingerings
- Melodic Patterns in a Natural Minor
- Improvising with the Natural Minor Scale
- Natural Minor Licks
- Harmonic Minor Scale
- Harmonic Minor Scale Fingerings
- Improvising with the Harmonic Minor Scale
- Harmonic Minor Licks
- CHAPTER 11 -- THE MODES
- The Dorian Mode
- Dorian Mode Fingerings
- Melodic Patterns in A Dorian
- Improvising with the Dorian Mode
- Dorian Licks
- The Mixolydian Mode
- Mixolydian Mode Fingerings
- Improvising with the Mixolydian Mode
- Mixolydian Licks
- Appendix A---Scales and Modes
- Modes in the Numbering System
- Pentatonic Scales in the Numbering System
- Minor Scales in the Numbering System
- Scales and Modes in Standard Music Notation and Tab
- Appendix B---Suggested Songs for Practice
- Appendix C---Essential Movable Chord Forms
- Improvising with the Major Scale
- Fingerings with Three Notes Per String
- CHAPTER 5 -- INTERVALS
- Interval Names
- Interval Shapes
- Harmonization --- 3rds, 6ths, 4ths, and 5ths
- CHAPTER 6 -- TRIADS
- Major Triads (in B-flat)
- Minor Triads (in B-flat)
- Voice leading
- Examples Using Triads
- Chord Embellishments
- CHAPTER 7 -- DIATONIC HARMONY
- Diatonic triads
- Diatonic Arpeggios
- 7th Chords
- Diatonic 7th Chords
- CHAPTER 8 -- THE COMPOSITION SCALE
- The Composite Scale in G Surrounding the Root Position Triad
- The Composite Scale in G Surrounding the 1st Inversion Triad
Complete Rock Guitar Method
Intermediate Rock Guitar
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Complete Rock Guitar Method
Intermediate Rock Guitar
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Electric Guitar Sheet Music
Genre: Rock Sheet Music