There are currently no items in your cart.
Complete Rock Guitar Book composed by Mike Christiansen. For Guitar (Electric). Perfect binding, Methods. Complete. Rock. Multiple Levels. Book/CD/DVD Set. 160 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.94560SET).
ISBN 9780786668632. Rock. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
The most complete and thorough reference book on rock guitar. Contains detailed teaching on licks, breaks, and fills, playing rhythm patterns and styles, lead scales for soloing, and tricks for building speed and adding color to improvisation. In notation and tablature. The companion CD is a stereo play-along recording featuring the terrific guitar stylings of Mike Christiansen backed by a rock rhythm section. The CD is well over 60 minutes and features excerpts from most of the musical selections presented in the book. Also includes a DVD with 115 minutes of video.
- Explanation of Notation
- Explanation of Special Notation
- Time Values
- Strumming Notation
- Section One/Rhythm Guitar
- I - Strum Patterns
- II - First-Position Power Chords
- III - Moveable Power Chords
- IV - Combining Power Chords and Bass Notes
- V - Combining Power Chords and Scales
- VI - Barre Chords
- VII - The Blues
- VIII - Rock Comping
- IX - Arpeggio-Style Accompaniment
- X - Doubling the Bass Line
- XI - Single-String Rhythms
- XII - Four-String Chords and Inversions
- Chord Reference Section
- Section Two/Lead Scales
- I - Slurs
- II - Minor Pentatonic Scale (Sixth-String Root)
- III - Sequences
- IV - Minor Pentatonic Scale (Fifth-String Root)
- V - Major Pentatonic Scale (Sixth-String Root)
- VI - Major Pentatonic Scale (Fifth-String Root)
- VII - Relative Major and Minor Scales
- VIII - Blues Scale
- IX - Dorian Mode
- Section Three/Licks
- I - Licks for Minor Chords
- II - Licks for Seventh Chords
- III - Licks for Another Seventh-Chord Pattern
- IV - Licks for One More Seventh-Chord Pattern
- V - Licks for Minor Seventh Chords
- VI - Licks for Major Chords
- VII - Licks for Another Major Chord Pattern
- VIII - Combining Scales and Licks
- Section Four/Tricks
- I - Vibrato
- II - Double Stops
- III - Harmonics
- IV - The Whammy Bar (Vibrato Bar)
- V - Arpeggios
- VI - Tapping
- Rhythm Tracks
Complete Rock Guitar Book
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Complete Rock Guitar Book
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Electric Guitar Sheet Music
Genre: Rock Sheet Music