There are currently no items in your cart.
Complete Modern Drum Set composed by Frank Briggs. For Drum Set. Wire bound, Technic. Complete. All Styles. Intermediate-Advanced. Book/DVD Set. 160 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.95366DP).
ISBN 9780786668342. All Styles. 9 x 13 inches.
This book offers challenging material for the intermediate to advanced drummer. Addressing a multitude of styles, Frank Briggs helps guide your playing to a higher plane while improving your technique and raising your awareness of cutting edge concepts such as metric modulation, displaced beats, polyrhythms, and more. Frank Briggs states, "He believes the more you know about different styles and the inner workings of time and phrasing, the better your ability to contribute to the music at hand. The clearer you see the parallels or the common threads that tie these concepts together, the more freedom you will have to express yourself."
This package includes the companion DVD:
Re-edited from the original masters, this DVD offers challenging material for the intermediate to advanced drummer. All special effects have been removed and the sound track has been encoded in Dolby Digital stereo. Twenty-one play-along tracks, CueLink(tm) and a metronome make this DVD the most valuable cutting edge educational tool for drummers on the market today. This DVD features complete performances of Red Moon, Home, Along the Mohawk, Sketch/Electric and more. It includes over 115 minutes of drumming and is the perfect companion to the Complete Modern Drum Set Book (nearly every page in the book is performed... including page headers and pattern numbers for easy reference).
- Section 1 - Rudimental StudiesAn introduction to the standard rudiments and how they might be applied to the drumset in the form of exercises grooves and fills.
- Section 2 - Linear PatternsThe "linear section" includes coordination techniques needed to play Some of the patterns in the groove sections.
- Section 3 - Straight eighth, sixteenth and thirty-second note patterns as applied to R & B, Funk and Rock
- Section 4 - Grooves based on triplets and 12/8 time.
- Section 5 - Challenging and musical grooves from around the world
- Section 6 - Odd Meters
- Section 7 - Over the Bar
- Section 9 - Drum Charts and Play Along section
Complete Modern Drum Set
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Complete Modern Drum Set
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.