There are currently no items in your cart.
Complete Method for Classic Guitar composed by Mel Bay. For Guitar (Classical). Wire bound, Methods. Complete. Classic. Multiple Levels. Book. 144 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.93400).
ISBN 9780871669612. Classic. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
Mel Bay's own method for the classic guitar, featuring a thorough grounding in the fundamentals of music and reading guitar notation, plus graded studies and pieces. This book presents classic guitar technique in a manner that anyone can easily follow. Musical and technical concepts are introduced gradually as needed throughout the text and driven home with ample musical illustrations. Information is provided on: basic right and left-hand techniques, reading standard notation, harmonics, and playing in various keys and positions. In addition to the many classical etudes included here by Aguado, Bach, Carcassi, Carulli, Diabelli, Giuliani, Sor, and others, Mel Bay has made a significant contribution to the student guitar repertoire by transcribing works by Bach, Brahms, Chopin, Mozart, Pleyel, Rubenstein, and others in the classical style. The pieces and exercises are arranged to progress systematically through various keys and playing positions. Written entirely in standard notation only.
- A Night In Madrid
- A Study By Aguado
- Adventure Performed by Ferdinando Carullli
- Andante Performed by Ferdinando Carulli
- Around The Samovar
- El Rey
- Gavotte Performed by J. S. Bach Arr: Mel Bay
- March Slav Performed by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- Rain Drops
- Rondo In E Major
- Taranto Performed by Matteo Carcassi
- Conchita Performed by Dionisio Aguado
- Caballero Performed by Pleyel Arr: Mel Bay
- The Chord Waltz Performed by Mel Bay
- The Commentator Performed by Matteo Carcassi And Mel Bay
- The Lido Performed by Mauro Giuliani
- The Poet And The Peasant Performed by Von Suppe Arr: Mel Bay
- Wondrous Love Performed by Arr: William Bay
- Austrian Hymn Performed by Franz Haydn, Arr: Mel Bay
- Carcassi's Waltz
- Follow the Leader Performed by Mel Bay
- How Can I Leave Thee
- Little Minuet Performed by Adaptation Of A Melody By Carcassi
- Minuet From Don Juan Performed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Rondo Performed by Matteo Carcassi
- Sor's Etude In D Major
- The Little Elf Performed by Ferdinando Carulli
- Theme From The Minute Waltz Performed by Frederic Chopin Arr: Mel Bay
- In The Evening By The Moonlight Performed by Bland Arr: Mel Bay
- Melody in F Performed by Rubenstein-Bay
- Spanish Waltz
- Sparkling Stella
- Bohemian Waltz Performed by Mel Bay
- Minuetto Performed by Gebaur, Opus 10 Arr: Mel Bay
- Recreation Performed by Mauro Giuliani
- The Blue Tail Fly Performed by Arr: Mel Bay
- Andante In D Major Performed by J. Kuffner
- Bourree (In B Minor) Performed by Johann Philipp Krieger
- Dawn Performed by Mazas-Bay
- Italian Air Performed by Matteo Carcassi
- Love Song
- Serenade Performed by R. De Visee
- The Speedway
- Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence Performed by Arr: William Bay
- Minuet Performed by De Visee
- TO a Wild Rose Performed by Edward Macdowell Arr: Mel Bay
- A Serenade Performed by Mel Bay
- A Song By Aguado
- Bass Solo with Chord Accompaniment Performed by Mel Bay
- Classic Dance Performed by Mel Bay
- Don Quixote Performed by Dionisio Aguado
- Lazy Evening Performed by Mel Bay
- Step Lively
- The Gauchos Performed by Matteo Carcassi And Mel Bay
- The Happy Guitarist
- The Merry Men
- A Visit To The Relatives
- Blessed Assurance Performed by Fanny Crosby Arr: Bill Bay
- Chopin's Prelude Performed by Arr: Mel Bay
- Cradle Song Performed by Johann Brahms Arr: Mel Bay
- March Majestic Performed by Arr: Mel Bay
- Nocturne Performed by Dionisio Aguado
- Venetian Nights Performed by Matteo Carcassi Arr: Mel Bay
- Alpine Echoes Performed by Mel Bay
- Balkan Skies Performed by Mauro Giuliani
- Silver Threads Among The Gold
- Small Chord Etude Performed by Mel Bay
- The Foggy, Foggy Dew Performed by Arr: Mel Bay
- Flower Song Performed by Lange Arr: Mel Bay
- Sor's Waltz
- The Court Jester Performed by Matteo Carcassi
- Caprice Performed by Matteo Carcassi
- Frolic Performed by Fernando Sor
- Petite Waltz
- Playtime Performed by Pleyel Arr: Mel Bay
- The Builder Performed by Mel Bay
- Waltz In E Performed by Ferdinando Carulli
- A Waltz By Sor
- Prelude in A Major Performed by Fernando Sor
- Prelude, Opus 28 No 20 Performed by Fredric Chopin Arr: Mel Bay
- The Music Box
- Waltz In E Minor
- Witchcraft Performed by Mel Bay
- Balkan Nights Performed by Mel Bay
- Etude Performed by Matteo Carcassi
- Granada Memories Performed by Mel Bay, Based On An Etude By Aguado
- Moderato Performed by Mauro Giuliani
- Maria Performed by Arr: Mel Bay
- The Happy Farmer
- The Little Prince Performed by Mazas Arr: Mel Bay
- Waltz in A Flat Performed by Johannes Brahms Opus 39 No 2 Arr: Mel Bay
Complete Method for Classic Guitar
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Complete Method for Classic Guitar
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Format: Collection / Songbook