There are currently no items in your cart.
Complete Jazz Guitar Method (Beginning Jazz Guitar). Composed by Jody Fisher. For Guitar. This edition: Standard Notation & TAB. Guitar Method or Supplement; Method/Instruction. Complete Method. Jazz. Beginner. Book. 96 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.14114).
ISBN 0739001108. Jazz.
Anyone with a knowledge of basic chords and guitar scale fingerings can dig right in and start learning to play jazz right away. Spanning from the major scale and basic triad theory all the way up to extended chords and the modes, this book features a full-length etude or song to go with every new concept introduced. Beginning Jazz Guitar breaks the age-old tradition of dry, intimidating and confusing jazz books, and provides an actual step-by-step and enjoyable method for learning to play in this style.
Clearly organized into easily mastered segments, each chapter is divided into separate lessons on harmony or improvisation. All music is shown in standard notation and TAB, and the CD demonstrates the examples in the book. 96 pages.
- About the Author
- Chapter 1: Getting Started
- Open Position Chords
- Barre Chords
- Reading Music
- Blues Progression and Strumming
- Pentatonic Scale Fingerings
- Chapter 2
- Lesson 1A: Basic Theory
- The Chromatic Scale
- The Major Scale
- Key Signatures
- The Cycle of 4ths (or 5ths)
- Reading Roman Numerals
- Lesson 1B: Major Scale Fingerings
- Lesson 2A: Triad Theory & Root Position Fingerings
- Major Triad Theory
- Major Triad Inversions
- Minor, Diminished, and Augmented Triads --- and Their Inversions
- The Four Basic String Sets
- Root Position Triad Fingerings
- Etude No. 1: Root Position Triads
- Lesson 2B: Two More Major Scale Fingerings
- Lesson 3A: First-Inversion Triads on Four String Sets
- Etude No. 2: First-Inversion Triads
- Lesson 3B: Two More Major Scale Fingerings
- Lesson 4A: Second-Inversion Triads on the Four String Sets
- Etude No. 3: Second-Inversion Triads
- Lesson 4B: Major Scale Etude
- Etude No. 4: The Major Scale
- Chapter 3
- Lesson 1A: Constructing Larger Chords
- How Larger Chord Formulas Work
- Inverting Larger Chords
- Lesson 1B: Major Scale Etude
- Etude No. 5: The Major Scale
- Lesson 2A: 6th Chords
- Major 6th Chords
- Minor 6th Chords
- Etude No. 6: 6th Chords
- Lesson 2B: Connecting Major Scales
- Lesson 3A: 7th Chords
- Major 7th Chords
- Minor 7th Chords
- Dominant 7th Chords
- Etude No. 7: 7th Chords
- Lesson 3B: Three-Octave Scales
- Lesson 4A: 9th Chords
- Extensions & Chord Families
- Major 9th Chords
- Minor 9th Chords
- Dominant 9th Chords
- Etude No. 8: 9th Chords
- Etude No. 9: More 9th Chords
- Lesson 4B: More Three-Octave Scales
- Lesson 5A: Other Chords You Need to Know
- Minor 11th Chords
- Dominant 11th Chords
- Major 13th Chords
- Minor 13th Chords
- Dominant 13th Chords
- Major Add9 Chords
- Minor Add9 Chords
- Min7Flat5 (Half-Diminished) Chords
- Diminished 7th Chords
- Dominant 7th Suspended Chords
- Minor/Ma7 Chords
- Dominant 7th Augmented Chords
- Etude No. 10: More Chords
- Lesson 5B: Two Tunes Using the Major Scale
- Noah's Groove
- Blues for Maggie
- Chapter 4
- Lesson 1A: The Harmonized Major Scale
- Lesson 1B: Improvising with the Major Scale
- What It's All About
- Diatonic Thinking
- Lesson 2A: Major Chord Scales
- Lesson 2B: Two Tunes Based on the Major Scale
- Ruby, My Deerfly
- Fly Like a Beagle
- Lesson 3A: More Major Chord Scales
- Lesson 3B: Two More Tunes Based on the Major Scale
- Noisy Nights
- The Creature
- Lesson 4A: More Major Chord Scales
- Lesson 4B: Two More Tunes Based on the Major Scale
- Julie in Wonderland
- Samba de Shauna
- Chapter 5
- Lesson 1A: Roman Numerals and Transposition
- Lesson 1B: Modes of the Major Scale --- The Basics
- Lesson 2A: More About Roman Numerals and Transposition
- Lesson 2B: Modes of the Major Scale --- Parallel-Approach Fingerings
- D Dorian
- E Phrygian
- F Lydian
- G Mixolydian
- A Aeolian
- B Locrian
- Practice Progressions
- Lesson 3A: Vertical Chord Scales
- Lesson 3B: Modes of the Major Scale --- Derivative Approach
- Lesson 4A: More Vertical Chord Scales
- Lesson 4B: Two Modal Tunes
- Nosh 4 Josh
- Chocolate Tuna Enchiladas
- Lesson 5A: More Vertical Chord Scales
- Lesson 5B: Two Modal/Diatonic Tunes
- Blue Tofu
- CODA --- A MEDLEY OF SUGGESTIONS AND MUSICAL CONCEPTS
- How Jazz Works
- Basic Left- and Right-Hand Technique
- Basic Strumming Technique
- Fingerstyle Chords
- Pick and Fingers Technique
- The Value of Practicing Slowly
- Learning Difficult Chords and Changing Chords
- Learning Scales Two Strings at a Time
- The Value of Locked Positions
- Practicing the Major Scales
- Limiting Rhythmic Options
- Using Melodic Patterns
- Form: Using an Opening, Body, and Conclusion
- Form Based on Motif and Variation
- The Use of Repetition in Your Solos
- Tag Ending (Afterword)
Complete Jazz Guitar Method
Beginning Jazz Guitar
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Complete Jazz Guitar Method
Beginning Jazz Guitar
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Genre: Jazz Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook
Series: Alfred's Complete Method