There are currently no items in your cart.
Complete Jazz Guitar Method (Intermediate Jazz Guitar). By Jody Fisher. For Guitar. This edition: Standard Notation & TAB. Guitar Method or Supplement; Method/Instruction. Complete Method. Jazz. Intermediate. Book & CD. 96 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.14123).
ISBN 0739021559. Jazz.
This book is great for guitarists who have learned the basics of jazz harmony and improvisation. Topics include the ii-V-I progression, creating solo lines, altered chord formulas, and comping in different jazz feels such as Latin, swing, ballad, and even funk. Continuing in the format of Beginning Jazz Guitar, every new concept is accompanied by etudes and songs for practice, and every chapter is clearly divided into lessons on harmony and improvisation. Packed with literally hundreds of chord voicings and improv ideas, this book is a must for any serious student of jazz guitar. All music is shown in standard notation and TAB, and the CD demonstrates the examples in the book. 96 pages.
- About the Author
- Chapter 1
- Lesson 1A: The ii-V7-I Progression
- Lesson 1B: Improvising Over Diatonic ii-V7-I Progressions
- Lesson 2A/2B: Diatonic Arpeggios
- Chapter 2
- Lesson 1A: Altered Chords
- Dominant 7th Flat Five Chords
- The Closer You Are
- Lesson 1B: Practicing Arpeggios
- Lesson 2A: More Altered Chords
- Dominant 7 Sharp 5 Chords
- Lesson 2B: Progressions for Practicing Arpeggios
- Lesson 3A: Altered Chords, Continued
- Dominant 7 Flat 9 Chords
- Lesson 3B: Creating Lines No. 1
- Spelling Out the Changes
- Swing Feel
- Lesson 4A: More Altered Chords
- Dominant 7 Sharp 9 Chords
- By the Light of the Moon
- Lesson 4B: Creating Lines No. 2
- Neighbor Tones Approaching the Root
- Lesson 5A: Chords with Combined Alterations
- Lesson 5B: Creating Lines No. 3
- Neighbor Tones Approaching the 3rd
- Lesson 6A: More Chords with Combined Alterations
- Lesson 6B: Creating Lines No. 4
- Neighbor Tones Approaching the 5th
- Lesson 7A: Other Important Chords and ii-V7-I Fingerings
- Slash Chords
- ii-V7-I Fingerings
- Lesson 7B: Creating Lines No. 5
- Neighbor Tones Approaching the 7th
- Chapter 3
- Lesson 1A: Comping Swing Feels
- Lesson 1B: Major 7th Extensions
- Lesson 2A: Comping Latin Feels
- Lesson 2B: Diminished Extensions
- Lesson 3A: Comping Funk Feels
- Lesson 3B: Ascending Lines from Chord Tones
- Lesson 4A: Comping Ballads
- Lesson 4B: Descending Lines from Chord Tones
- Chapter 4
- Lesson 1A: Chord Connections
- Lesson 1B: Learning Licks No. 1
- Major Chord Licks
- Lesson 2A: Chord Connections No. 2
- String Set 6-5-4-3
- String Set 5-4-3-2
- String Set 4-3-2-1
- Lesson 2B: Learning Licks No. 2
- Minor Licks
- Lesson 3A: Chord Connections No. 3
- Moving Across the String Sets
- Lesson 3B: Learning Licks No. 3
- Dominant Licks
- Lesson 4A: Chord Connections No. 4
- Lesson 4B: Learning Licks No. 4
- Minor 7 Flat 5 Licks
- Chapter 5
- Lesson 1A: The Blues Progression
- Lesson 1B: Soloing Over Blues Progressions
- C Minor Pentatonic Fingerings
- C Blues Scale Fingerings
- C Mixolydian Fingerings
- Sample Blues Solos
- Blues Solo No. 1
- Blues Solo No. 2
- Blues Solo No. 3
- Chapter 6
- Lesson 1A: Rhythm Changes
- Lesson 1B: Soloing Over Rhythm Changes
- Rhythm Solo
- Chapter 7
- Lesson 1A: Turnarounds
- Lesson 1B: Soloing Over Turnarounds
- Chapter 8
- Lesson 1A: Chord Solo
- Lesson 1B: Single-Note Solo
- Single Notes in the Mist
- CODA --- A MEDLEY OF SUGGESTIONS AND MUSICAL CONCEPTS
- Playing with Good Tone
- More About Practicing
- The Value of Practicing Along a Single String
- Singing Along with Improvised Lines
- Listening to the Greats
- Jazz Artists
Complete Jazz Guitar Method
Intermediate Jazz Guitar
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Complete Jazz Guitar Method
Intermediate Jazz Guitar
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Electric Guitar Sheet Music
Genre: Jazz Sheet Music