Complete Giuliani Studies
Guitar (classical) - Multiple Levels
Edited by David Grimes. Spiral, Technic. Editiones Classicae. Classic. Book. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.95650).
Item Number: MB.95650
ISBN 9780786614332. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
The studies of Mauro Giuliani (1781-1829) stand alongside those of Fernando Sor, Matteo Carcassi, Dionisio Aguado and Ferinando Carulli as the staples of the didactic pieces by the "first generation" of classical guitarists. Giuliani was one of the most celebrated guitarists of his age, a brilliant performer and prolific composer. He left a legacy of compositions, and many of his works are heard regularly in recitals and concerts today. His student pieces are considered indispensable by generations of guitarists. The studies and exercises contained in the six opus numbers here provide some of the most effective material in the entire guitar literature for building and refining a superior technical command of the guitar. In this edition, David Grimes has modernized some of the notation and corrected a number of misprints from Giuliani's original publications.
- Etudes Instructives Faciles Et Agreables, Opus 100 Performed by Mauro Giuliani
- Xviii Lecons Progressives, Opus 51 (18 Progressive Performed by Mauro Giuliani
- Studio Per La Chitarra, Opus 1 (The Study Of The G Performed by Mauro Giuliani
- Studi Dilettevoli, Opus 98 (Entertaining Studies) Performed by Mauro Giuliani
- Esercizio Per La Chitarra, Opus 48 (Training For T Performed by Mauro Giuliani
- Primi Lezioni Progressive, Opus 139 (First Progres Performed by Mauro Giuliani