There are currently no items in your cart.
Complete Flatpicking Guitar Book by Steve Kaufman. For Guitar (Flatpicking). Perfect binding, Methods. Complete. Bluegrass. Multiple Levels. Book/CD/DVD Set. 102 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.94562SET).
ISBN 9780786672332. Bluegrass. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
This comprehensive study of contemporary flatpicking guitar technique presents numerous solos for the beginning through advanced flatpicking guitarist along with tips on creating your own flatpicking arrangements. The book addresses the tablature system, tuning, right and left-hand technique, use of the capo and the microphone, transposing using the Nashville numbering system, bluegrass back-up, arranging flatpicking solos and instrumentals. If you're into country or bluegrass music, or if you just want to develop outstanding flatpicking technique, this book is for you. Written in standard notation and tablature. The stereo play-along CD features Steve Kaufman's rousing performance of each flatpicking solo! Also includes a DVD containing some of the solos and techniques presented in the book.
- Understanding the Notation and Tablature
- Notes on the Strings
- Types of Notes
- Let's Get Started
- Tuning the Guitar the Conventional Way
- Tuning with Harmonics
- Tuning Your Guitar with a Tuner
- Left Hand Placement
- The Right Hand
- Correct Posture: Playing While Sitting or Standing
- Understanding the Capo
- The Microphone
- Bluegrass Back-Up
- Basic Chord Chart
- Amazing Grace #1
- Amazing Grace #2
- Basic Rhythm Patterns for 1st Position Chords
- The Worried Man Blues
- Beginning Bass Walks
- Lonesome Road Blues
- Complete Bass Walks for Most Bluegrass Situations
- Don't Let Your Deal Go Down
- Tom Dooley
- Freight Train
- Transposing: Unlocking the Mystery
- Master Numbers Chart
- Yonder Stands Little Maggie
- Arranging Flatpicking Solos for Bluegrass Vocals
- Bury Me Beneath the Willow #1
- Bury Me Beneath the Willow #2
- Crosspicking Drill
- Bury Me Beneath the Willow #3
- Will the Circle Be Unbroken #1
- Will the Circle Be Unbroken #2
- Wabash Cannonball
- Way Down Town
- Going Down The Road Feelin' Bad
- Wreck of the Old '97
- Arranging Instrumentals from Start to Finish
- Flatt Runs
- Bluegrass Boogie
- Liberty -- A
- Old Joe Clark -- A
- Devil's Dream -- A
- Sailor's Hornpipe -- A
- Liberty -- B
- Old Joe Clark -- B
- Devil's Dream -- B
- Sailor's Hornpipe -- B
- Flatpickers Who Influence the Flatpickers
- Norman Blake
- Bully Of The Town
- Done Gone
- High Dad In The Morning
- Black Mountain Rag
- Doc Watson
- Brown's Ferry Blues
- Salt Creek
- Billy In The Low Ground
- Tony Rice
- Temperance Reel
- 8th of January
- Cattle In The Cane
- Red Haired Boy
- Dan Crary
- Dill Pickle Rag
- Flop Eared Mule
- The Steve Kaufman Approach
- St. Ann's Reel #1
- St. Ann's Reel #2
- St. Ann's Reel #3
Complete Flatpicking Guitar Book
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Complete Flatpicking Guitar Book
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Genre: Bluegrass Sheet Music