There are currently no items in your cart.
Complete Dulcimer Handbook by Mark Biggs. For Dulcimer (Mountain). Perfect binding, Solos. Complete. All Styles. Multiple Levels. Book/CD Set. 196 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.94047BCD).
ISBN 9780786667949. All Styles. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
This book was written as a basic guide and source book for all dulcimer players, from the absolute novice to the most advanced picker. With its 53 songs in various modes and tunings, The Complete Dulcimer Handbook is meant to be used as a songbook, a lesson plan book, and a step-by-step guide from beginner to intermediate or advanced level. The author's basic premise is that, given this instrument's relatively brief pedagogical history, "There are no right or wrong ways to play the mountain dulcimer, only harder or easier means of reaching the same ends". The stereo CD features the author's outstanding performance of 17 tunes from the book.
- Hard Times Come Again No More Performed by Stephen Foster
- Go To Jane Glover
- Lord Inchiquin Performed by Turlough O'carolan
- Shepherd's Hey, The
- Dawning Of The Day, Aka The Golden Star Performed by Thomas Connelan
- Hand Me Down My Walking Cane
- Hark the Herald Angels Sing Performed by Felix Bartholdy Mendelssohn
- Lass Of Patie's Mill, The
- Maid Of Amsterdam (A-Roving)
- Silent Night
- Fuge In Bm
- Packington's Pound
- La Paloma (Full Chord Version) Performed by Sebastian Yradier
- O'Keefe's Slide
- Planxty Morgan Magan Performed by Turlough O'carolan
- Arabesque Performed by Mark Biggs & Max Tyndall
- Planxty Fanny Power Performed by Turlough O'carolan
- Roads To Lisdoonvarna, The
- Wilson's Wilde Performed by John Dowland
- La Paloma Performed by Sebastian Yradier
- Minuet In G
- My Old Kentucky Home, Good Night Performed by Stephen Foster
- Lass Of Gowrie, The
- Old Folks At Home, Aka Swanee River Performed by Stephen Foster
- Arkansas Traveller
- Scarborough Fair
- Wildwood Flower, The
- Camptown Races, The Performed by Stephen Foster
- Linnen Hall
- Planxty Irwin Performed by Turlough O'carolon
- What If A Day
- Handsome Couple, The
- Jacky Tar
- Lass Of Richmond Hill, The
- Sweet Betsy From Pike
- Cripple Creek
- Lady Owen's Delight
- Meagan Jayne Performed by Mark Biggs
- When Johnny Comes Marching Home
- Give Me Your Hand Performed by Rory Dall O'cathain
- Red Haired Boy
- Red River Valley
- Sonya's Song Performed by Mark Biggs
- Two Renaissance Lute Pieces
- Black Nag, The
- Improvisation On A Blue Mood Performed by Mark Biggs
- The Irish Washerwoman
- Shady Grove
- Maybe You'll Wander Performed by Mark Biggs
- Oh Susanna
Complete Dulcimer Handbook
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Complete Dulcimer Handbook
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Dulcimer Sheet Music