There are currently no items in your cart.
Complete Blues Bass by Mike Hiland. For Electric Bass Guitar. Perfect binding, Methods. Complete. Blues. Multiple Levels. Book/CD Set. 196 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.95403BCD).
ISBN 9780786665563. Blues. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
A very thorough study of blues bass lines covering many different blues styles from Texas swing to jazz and rock blues. Along with specific instruction and analysis, plenty of sample blues bass lines are included. Great for beginners to advanced players, this book will teach you everything you need to know to play the blues. In notation and tablature.This package includes a play-along stereo CD demonstrating most of the exercises in the book. Most of the exercises are recorded with bass and drums only, with the last few lessons adding electric guitar.
- Fretboard Diagram
- Music and Tablature
- BASIC BLUES CONCEPTS
- Major Scale Walking Pattern
- Mixolydian Walking Pattern
- The Basic 12-Bar Blues Progression
- Playing The Blues
- Basic Blues Grooves
- More Blues
- Playing Techniques
- Scales and Chords
- Major Scales
- The Mixolydian Scale
- Minor Pentatonic Scales
- The Minor Blues Scale
- The Altered Blues Scale
- Chord Types
- Blues Progressions
- Basic 12-Bar Progressions
- 12-Bar Variations
- 8-Bar Blues
- 16-Bar Blues
- Minor Blues Progressions
- BLUES STYLES
- Texas Swing
- Texas Shuffle
- Jump Blues
- Chicago Blues
- Rhythm And Blues
- Slow Blues Styles
- Rock Blues
- Jazz Blues
- INTROS, ENDINGS, TURNAROUNDS, AND FILLS
- ADVANCED BLUES BASS LINES
- Blues Review
- Puttin' It All Together
- NOW WHAT?
- APPENDIX A
Complete Blues Bass
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Complete Blues Bass
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Genre: Blues Sheet Music