There are currently no items in your cart.
Clover composed by Jaume Torrent. For violin, viola or cello and guitar. Published by Editorial de Musica Boileau (BO.B.3687).
In recent years one of the guiding principals of my work as a composer has been the creation of a repertoire of chamber music in which the guitar is treated as a concert instrument and also provides the harmonic basis for the music.
Firstly, it is my belief that the special polyphonic capabilities of the guitar can lead to the creation of a unique chamber music repertoire in which the limitations of the instrument are surpassed by the musical dialogue being shared among the various instruments. Secondly, bringing the guitar together with other instruments historically used in chamber music not only benefits the guitar but also allows the guitar to bring to the music different harmonic qualities, distinctive melodies and rhythms and gives the music a unique expressive richness not found in traditional chamber music.
The trio Clover was inspired by the small and beautiful plant of the same name. The three movements of the work (the characteristic three clover leaves) are structured according to the classic form: "lively-tranquil-lively". The first movement is full of robust determination, the second alludes to the subtle rhythm of a siciliana and the third movement is a scherzo. The work was premiered by Paganini Trio (Joseph Gold, Debbie Dare and myself) during a tour of California (USA) using a Stradivarius violin made in 1690.
Lastly, I would like to insist-yet again--on the importance of the fact that guitar technique must be geared to fully utilize the level of volume of which the instrument is capable. With an adequate technique (see "Estudio y sistematizacion del conjunto de recursos que posibilitan el desarrollo de una buena tecnica guitarristica" [Systematic Study of the Various Resources That Contribute to the Development of a Good Guitar Technique] by J. Torrent -Ed. Boileau), a guitarist is capable of controlling the volume of which the instrument if capable without renouncing the level of volume that is required. Thus, a guitarist may use a wide range of dynamics, giving the player greater expressive possibilities and is thus able to integrate easily within chamber music groups without forcing the other instruments to lower their normal level of volume.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.