Classics for Electric Guitar
Guitar (electric) - Intermediate-Advanced
Transcriptions from the Renaissance to the Twentieth Century. Composed by John Kiefer. Saddle-stitched, Solos. Classic. Book/CD Set. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.98672BCD).
Item Number: MB.98672BCD
ISBN 9780786657223. 8.5 x 11 inches.
A collection of "classical" transcriptions for modern electric guitar; selections include several of Telemann's flute Fantasias, C.P.E. Bach's Solfegietto, Saint Saens' Danse Macabre, Debussy's Syrinx and more. Guitar techniques involved include alternate and hybrid picking, string skipping and sweep picking in a time-tested context. Includes companion CD of the selections in a variety of settings. CD also features bonus tracks from the author's other Mel Bay projects.
- Danse Macabre Performed by Camielle Saint-Saens
- Fantasia 1: Vivace Performed by Georg Philipp Telemann
- Fantasia VI: Dolce Performed by Georg Philipp Telemann
- Fantasia VIII: Largo Performed by Georg Philipp Telemann
- Fantasia VIII: Spirituoso Performed by Georg Philipp Telemann
- Fantasia X: A Tempo Giusto Performed by Georg Philipp Telemann
- Fantasia XI: Allegro Performed by Georg Philipp Telemann
- Requiem Dies irae (opening) Performed by Giuseppe Verdi
- Saltarello I Performed by Anonymous
- Saltarello II Performed by Anonymous
- Solfeggietto Performed by Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach
- Syrinx Performed by Claude Debussy
- Trio from Suite in A Minor Performed by Georg Philipp Telemann
Customers Who Bought Classics for Electric Guitar Also Bought: