Classical Solos (Flute)
Flute (Flute) - Difficulty: medium
12 Pieces based on famous themes. Arranged by Michael Friedman. De Haske Play-Along Book. Classical Period and Play Along. Flute solo book and accompaniment CD. With standard notation and introductory text. 21 pages. De Haske Publications #1001877. Published by De Haske Publications (HL.44003616).
Item Number: HL.44003616
ISBN 9043106992. 9x12 inches.
This book is designed for lovers of classical/romantic repertoire. It contains 12 melodies based on works of well-known (and some lesser known) 19th-century composers, arranged to be suitable for soloists with piano accompaniment. The CD includes solos played by several instruments, as well as piano accompaniments only, with which instrumentalists can practice and play along.
- Song for Maria (based on Ave Maria) Composed by Charles Francois Gounod
- Daybreak (based on Mattinata) Composed by Ruggiero Leoncavallo
- Grazioso (based on Sonatina) Composed by Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Asian Air (based on In the Steppes of Central Asia) Composed by Alexander Borodin
- Lullaby (based on Berceuse de Jocelyn) Composed by Benjamin Godard
- Royal High Day (based on Coronation March) Composed by Giacomo Meyerbeer
- Dancing Lady (based on La donna e mobile) Composed by Giuseppe Verdi
- Mourning Song (based on Etude Op. 10, no. 3) Composed by Frederic Chopin
- Bohemia (based on Slavonic Dance Op. 46, No. 8) Composed by Antonin Dvorak
- Dream Waltz (based on Waltz Op. 39, No. 15) Composed by Johannes Brahms
- Intermezzo (based on l'Arlesienne Suite No. 2) Composed by Georges Bizet
- Serenade (based on Serenata) Composed by Franz Schubert