Classical Jazz Rags & Blues, Book 5
Piano - Late Intermediate
9 Classical Melodies Arranged in Jazz Styles for Late Intermediate to Early Advanced Pianists. Composed by Martha Mier. Book; Piano Collection; Piano Supplemental. Classical Jazz, Rags & Blues. Blues; Jazz. 24 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.39316).
Item Number: AP.39316
Classical melodies from piano, opera, and orchestral literature are revisited in this unique series. The arrangements feature jazz styles including ragtime and blues. Students who are familiar with some of these gems will enjoy their new settings while those playing them for the first time will become familiar with these wonderful melodies. Titles: Boogie for Elise * Habanera * Jazzy Sonatina No. 2 * Lively Sonatina * Old French Song * Perky Turkish March * Ragtime Rage * Ragtime Surprise * TrÃ¤umerei Dreams.
About Jazz, Rags & Blues
Jazz, Rags & Blues, Books 1 through 5 contain original solos for late elementary to early advanced-level pianists that reflect the various styles of the jazz idiom. An excellent way to introduce your students to this distinctive American contribution to 20th century music.
- Boogie for Elise (from Fur Elise, WoO 59) Composed by Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Habanera Boogie (from Habanera) Composed by Georges Bizet
- Jazzy French Song (from Old French Song, Op. 39, No. 16) Composed by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- Jazzy Sonata (from Sonata in A Major, K. 331) Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Lively Sonatina (from Sonatina No. 3 in F Major) Composed by Attwood
- Perky Turkish March (from Turkish March) Composed by Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Ragtime Penny (from Rondo a Capriccio, Op. 129) Composed by Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Ragtime Surprise (from Symphony No. 94, The Surprise) Composed by Franz Joseph Haydn
- Traumerei Dreams (from Traumerei, Op. 15, No. 7) Composed by Robert Schumann