Classical Jazz Rags & Blues, Book 4
Piano - Late Intermediate
7 Classical Melodies Arranged in Jazz Styles for Late Intermediate Pianists. Composed by Martha Mier. Piano Collection; Piano Supplemental. Classical Jazz, Rags & Blues. Blues; Jazz. Book. 24 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.31861).
Item Number: AP.31861
Classical melodies from piano, opera and orchestral literature are revisited in this unique series. The arrangements feature jazz styles including ragtime and blues. Students who are familiar with some of these gems will enjoy their new settings, while those playing them for the first time will become familiar with these wonderful melodies. Titles include: Bagatelle Swing * Ecossaise Rag * German Dance Rag * Jazz in A Minor * Lullaby in Blue * Ragtime Sonatina * Sheherazade Jazz. 24 pages.
About Jazz, Rags & Blues
Jazz, Rags & Blues, Books 1 through 5 contain original solos for late elementary to early advanced-level pianists that reflect the various styles of the jazz idiom. An excellent way to introduce your students to this distinctive American contribution to 20th century music.
- Bagatelle Swing (from Bagatelle in A Minor, Op. 119, No. 9) Composed by Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Ecossaise Rag (from Ecossaise) Composed by Ludwig Van Beethoven
- German Dance Rag (from German Dance in B-flat Major, D. 783, No. 7) Composed by Franz Schubert
- Jazz in A Minor (from Piano Concerto in A Minor, Op. 16) Composed by Edvard Grieg
- Lullaby in Blue (from Wiegenlied, Op. 49, No. 4) Composed by Johannes Brahms
- Ragtime Sonatina (from Sonatina in C Major, Op. 36, No. 1) Composed by Muzio Clementi
- Sheherazade Jazz (from Sheherazade, Op. 35) Composed by Nikolay Andreyevich Rimsky-Korsakov