Classical Jazz Rags & Blues, Book 3
Piano - Intermediate; Late Intermediate
10 Classical Melodies Arranged in Jazz Styles for Intermediate to Late Intermediate Pianists. Composed by Martha Mier. Piano Collection; Piano Supplemental. Classical Jazz, Rags & Blues. Blues; Jazz. Book. 24 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.31860).
Item Number: AP.31860
ISBN 0739057081. Blues; Jazz.
Classical melodies from piano, opera and orchestral literature are revisited in this unique series. The arrangements feature jazz styles including ragtime and blues. Students who are familiar with some of these gems will enjoy their new settings while those playing them for the first time will become familiar with these wonderful melodies. Titles include: Austrian Jazz Dance * Blue Rhapsody * Bluesy Etude * Cool Etude * The Jazzy Mountain King * Parisian Jazz * Ragtime in Baroque Style * Ragtime Symphony * Rockin' Russian Song * Russian Blues. 24 pages.
About Jazz, Rags & Blues
Jazz, Rags & Blues, Books 1 through 5 contain original solos for late elementary to early advanced-level pianists that reflect the various styles of the jazz idiom. An excellent way to introduce your students to this distinctive American contribution to 20th century music.
- Austrian Jazz Dance (from Landler in A Minor) Composed by Franz Schubert
- Blue Rhapsody (from Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini) Composed by Sergei Rachmaninoff
- Bluesy Etude (from Etude, Op. 82, No. 65) Composed by Cornelius Gurlitt
- Cool Etude (from Etude, Op. 160, No. 16) Composed by Schytte
- Jazzy Mountain King, The (from In the Hall of the Mountain King) Composed by Edvard Grieg
- Parisian Jazz (from Old French Song, Op. 39, No. 16) Composed by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- Ragtime in Baroque Style (from Minuet in G Major) Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Ragtime Symphony (from Symphony No. 94, The Surprise) Composed by Franz Joseph Haydn
- Rockin' Russian Song (from Russian Folk Song) Composed by Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Russian Blues (from Polovetsian Dance) Composed by Alexander Borodin