Classical Duets for the Cello
Cello - Beginning-Intermediate
Composed by Christine Watts. Perfect binding, Duets. Classic. Book. 36 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.98551).
Item Number: MB.98551
ISBN 9780786653591. 8.5 x 11 inches.
Wonderfully simple and light-hearted biographies, perfect for children, teach lessons thru the composer's life and how they reacted to their circumstances and childhood. This is to depict that the great composers were 'human' and suffered hard times, but overcame their difficulties to become the best they could be. The majority of the pieces are written for the piano and violin and transcribed to let the cellists have fun too. Second cello parts are written to be interesting and stimulating both rhythmically and melodically; all typeset in a larger font appealing to children.
- Bouree from Partita #1 for Violin Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Fantasy Impromtu Performed by Frederic Chopin
- Fur Elise Performed by Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Hungarian Dance #5 Performed by Johnnes Brahms
- Polivetzian Dances Performed by Alexander Borodin
- Scheherezade Performed by Nikolay Andreyevich Rimsky-Korsakov
- Swan Lake Performed by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- The little Prelude Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- The Mountain King Performed by Edvard Greig
- The Wild Horseman Performed by Robert Schumann