Classic Guitar for the Young Beginner
Guitar (classical) - Beginning
Composed by William Bay. Saddle-stitched, Methods. Young Beginner. Children. Book/CD Set. 48 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.20307BCD).
Item Number: MB.20307BCD
ISBN 9780786668809. Children. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
Without a hint of condescension, this book/CD offers the young classic guitarist a thorough grounding in reading standard notation in first position. This book was written in the Mel Bay tradition of providing only enough music theory to understand what is required of the student at any given point in the book. Numerous studies and folksong melodies are presented with suggested chord changes for accompaniment by a teacher or a second student guitarist. Includes guides to purchasing a classic guitar, proper posture and hand positions, tuning the guitar, and much more. A companion CD is included. Written in standard notation only.
- Faith of Our Fathers
- Musetta's Waltz, From La Boheme Performed by Giacomo Puccini
- Noble March Performed by William Bay
- My Country 'Tis of Thee
- Melancholy Performed by William Bay
- Theme From Beethoven's Ninth Symphony Performed by William Bay
- German Hymn (Duet) Performed by Arr William Bay
- Winds Through The Olive Trees Performed by William Bay
- Minuet Performed by William Bay
- O For A Thousand Songs To Sing!
- Meditation Performed by William Bay
- Daydreaming Performed by William Bay
- Shadows Performed by William Bay