There are currently no items in your cart.
Classic Chicago Blues Harp #1 Level 2 (Complete Blues Harmonica Lesson Series). By David Barrett. For Harmonica (Diatonic). Saddle-stitched, Solos. Harmonica Masterclass Lesson. Blues. Beginning-Intermediate. Book/CD Set. 80 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.99106BCD).
ISBN 9780786656585. Blues. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
Classic Chicago Blues Harp #1 is the second level lesson book in the Harmonica Masterclass Lesson Series. This book starts with more songs, exercises, and rhythm training, then leads you through a variety of bending techniques. You'll also learn many other more advanced techniques used by professional players, such as shakes, glissandos, breaks, and the different types of throat vibrato. This book will help you learn to use all of these techniques within a musical context. At the end of each chapter, you'll find review questions to help you make sure that you understood the main points covered. The D harmonica is used for most of the material in this book, but harmonicas in keys of A and C are also used.
- Chapter 1 - Up Front
- Thoughts from the Author
- Book Structure
- A Means to and End
- Harmonica Notation
- Fast Track Lesson Plan
- Chapter 2 - Getting Familiar with your Harmonica
- Harmonica Construction and Pitch Set
- Choosing a Harmonica
- Holding Your Harmonica Embouchure
- Chapter 2 Review
- Chapter 3 - Getting Started with Notation
- Why do I Have to Read Notated Rhythms?
- Rhythm Training
- Swing Eighths
- Straight Rhythms
- Chapter 3 Review
- Chapter 4 - A Musical Foundation for the Soloist
- Playing in 1st Position
- 12 Bar Blues & Positions
- 2nd Position & It's Root Notes
- 12 Bar Blues Root Note Exercises
- Chapter 4 Review
- Chapter 5 - Straight Forward Blues: Part 1
- Lower Cross Harp Scale
- Hot Licks K Blues Bits 1
- 12 Bar Jam 1A-1C
- New Techniques:
- The Glissando & Phrasing
- Turnarounds 8 V-IV-I Transitions
- 12 Bar Blues Phrasing
- Two Hole Shakes
- Blues Break & Song Endings
- Hot Licks 8 Blues Bits 2
- 12 Bar Jam 2A & 2B
- Chapter 5 Review
- Chapter 6 - Bending: Part 1
- What is a Bend?
- The Major Scale
- Natural Pitch Set & Bending
- Draw Bending
- Extra Help & Common Bending Problems
- Blow Bends
- Chapter 6 Review
- Chapter 7 - Straight Forward Blues: Part 2
- Upper Cross Harp Scale
- Hot Licks & Blues Bits 3
- 12 Bar Jams 3A-3D
- Triplet Exercises
- Chapter 8 - Bending: Part 2
- New Technique: Bending for Expression
- 12 Bar Jams 4A, 4B, & 4C
- New Technique: Stopping at the Bottom
- Hot Licks & Blues Bits 5
- 12 Bar Jams 5A, 5B, & 5C
- The Throat Vibrato
- Starting at the Bottom
- Bending Exercises
- New Technique: The Dip Send
- CLASSIC CHICAGO BLUES SONGS
- Out of Breath, By David Barrett
- I'm Ready, By Willie Dixon
- Baby Please Don't Go, By Mary Johnson
- Chapter 9 - Section 1 Review
- Harmonica Reference & Position Chart
Classic Chicago Blues Harp #1 Level 2
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Classic Chicago Blues Harp #1 Level 2
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Harmonica Sheet Music
Genre: Chicago Blues Sheet Music
Series: Harmonica Masterclass Lesson