There are currently no items in your cart.
Score and Parts
Set of Parts
Cinquantieme (Ouverture Pour Harmonie/Fanfare). By Serge Lancen. For Fanfare Band. Original Overtures. Original Pieces. Grade 3. Score and Parts. Published by Molenaar Edition (ML.022293080).
Cinquantieme, the fiftieth composition for symphonic band by Serge Lancen, was composed in the fall of 1993. It is written in an overture form and built on four distinct themes. First there is a merry and dynamic March, followed by a Waltz of the same character; then comes a small melody and finally the March turns up again, but this time it ends with a triumphant theme. The overture is dedicated to Alain Thiery and his Symphonic Band of Pont-Ste-Marie/La-vau/Creney. It was premiered during the gala concert closing the 120th anniversary celebrations of that band. The number in the title 'Cinquantieme' (Fiftieth), indicates the richness of Lancen's wind band repertoire. Fascinated by the symphonic band's extremely rich range of tone colours, Lancen has devoted all his talent and passion to it. For this type of orchestra he has written symphonies, rhapsodies, several concertos and even religious compositions with choirs and soloists. He is now finishing his fifty-first composition which is another religious work.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensemble: Fanfare Band Music
Genre: 20th Century Sheet Music