Christmas Strings: Viola, Violin 3 & Ensemble Score
Viola - Beginning
For Solo and Ensemble. Composed by Donald Miller. Saddle-stitched, Ensemble (Mixed). Christmas. Book. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.21360).
Item Number: MB.21360
ISBN 9780786675609. 8.5 x 11 inches.
These books are arranged to be performed with various combinations of instruments. This volume presents some of the most beloved repertoire for the Christmas season. Some works are well known, others will sound fresh and new to most players. The pieces may be performed as a solo for each instrument (Violin 1, Violin 2, Viola or Cello) with piano accompaniment, or as duets or trios, as well as full orchestra. If performed with full orchestra, the piano accompaniment should not be used.
The string ensemble series meets all standards for ASTA (American String Teachers Association) and Suzuki Association of the Americas, Inc.
If performed with full orchestra, no solo parts should be played except the 1st violin part. Note also, if you wish to perform these works with full orchestra and you are short certain instruments, you still have some flexibility with the score. For example, if there are not enough violas for balance, the viola (harmony part) and 3rd violin part are identical. The part may be played with all 3rd violins or equally divided between 3rd violins and violas.
- A Virgin Unspotted Performed by William Billings, Arranged By Don Miller
- Angels We Have Heard On High Performed by Arranged By Don Miller
- As Lately We Watched Performed by Arranged By Don Miller
- Carol of the Bells Performed by Mikola Leontovich, Arranged By Don Miller
- Christmas Morn Is Dawning Performed by Arranged By Don Miller
- Ding Dong Merrily On High Performed by Arranged By Don Miller
- El Noi De La Mare Performed by Arranged By Don Miller
- Noel Nouvelet (A Little New Noel) Performed by Arranged By Don Miller
- O, Dearest Love Performed by Hans Leo Hassler, Arranged By Don Miller
- Pat-a-Pan Performed by Arranged By Don Miller