Christmas Jazz, Rags & Blues - Book 3
Solo piano - SMP Level 5 (Intermediate)
9 arrangements of favorite carols for intermediate to late intermediate pianists. Arranged by Martha Mier. Piano Collection; Piano Supplemental. Christmas Jazz, Rags & Blues. Christmas and Jazz. Songbook. With standard notation (does not include words to the songs). 24 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.26139).
Item Number: AP.26139
ISBN 0739043366. 9x12 inches.
Students will be inspired and motivated by the syncopated rhythms and the colorful, rich harmonies of jazz. Detailed articulation, dynamic and pedal markings create a thoughtful and thorough performance.
This title has selections that range in difficulty from SMP Level 3-5.
About SMP Level 5 (Intermediate)
Seventh chords and melodies in both hands. More difficult note reading with ledger lines above and below the staff.
- The Holly and the Ivy Old English Carol
- It Came Upon the Midnight Clear Composed by Richard Storrs Willis
- He is Born, the Divine Christ Child (Il est ne, le Divin Enfant) Traditional French Carol
- Good Christian Men, Rejoice 14th Century German Carol
- Bring a Torch, Jeannette, Isabella French Carol
- O Come, O Come, Emmanuel Composed by Thomas Helmore
- O Come, All Ye Faithful Composed by John F. Wade
- I Wonder as I Wander Traditional American Melody
- O Little Town of Bethlehem Composed by Louis H. Redner