Christmas Jazz, Rags & Blues - Book 3
Solo piano - SMP Level 5 (Intermediate)
9 arrangements of favorite carols for intermediate to late intermediate pianists. Arranged by Martha Mier. Piano Collection; Piano Supplemental. Christmas Jazz, Rags & Blues. Christmas and Jazz. Songbook. With standard notation (does not include words to the songs). 24 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.26139).
Item Number: AP.26139
ISBN 0739043366. With standard notation (does not include words to the songs). Christmas and Jazz. 9x12 inches.
Students will be inspired and motivated by the syncopated rhythms and the colorful, rich harmonies of jazz. Detailed articulation, dynamic and pedal markings create a thoughtful and thorough performance.
This title has selections that range in difficulty from SMP Level 3-5.
About SMP Level 5 (Intermediate)
Seventh chords and melodies in both hands. More difficult note reading with ledger lines above and below the staff.
- The Holly and the Ivy Old English Carol
- It Came Upon the Midnight Clear Composed by Richard Storrs Willis
- He is Born, the Divine Christ Child (Il est ne, le Divin Enfant) Traditional French Carol
- Good Christian Men, Rejoice 14th Century German Carol
- Bring a Torch, Jeannette, Isabella French Carol
- O Come, O Come, Emmanuel Composed by Thomas Helmore
- O Come, All Ye Faithful Composed by John F. Wade
- I Wonder as I Wander Traditional American Melody
- O Little Town of Bethlehem Composed by Louis H. Redner