There are currently no items in your cart.
Christmas is Coming (Carol book) composed by Various. Edited by Nicholas Temperley. For choir. Christmas, Advent. Choral Score. Published by Stainer & Bell Ltd. (ST.D96).
ISBN 979-0-2202-2254-2. Christmas, Advent.
Both a dedicated carol singer and an authority on the history of English music, Nicholas Temperley here offers a unique book of 37 carols dating from the fifteenth century to the present.
For over fifty years he has sung, edited and composed carols each Christmas, and in Christmas is Coming the fruit of his enthusiasm is combined with his wealth of knowledge to produce an outstanding and original new collection. As John Rutter observes in his Foreword, the book does not pointlessly duplicate what can be found in many other carol books, but has a personality and purpose of its own.
Nicholas Temperley is also author of The Music of the English Parish Church, co-editor with Sally Drage of the definitive Musica Britannica anthology of eighteenth-century psalmody and gallery music, and distinguished contributor to The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians. Born in Beaconsfield, England, he studied at King's College, Cambridge, and is now Professor Emeritus at the University of Illinois.
Twenty-two fresh and practical arrangements include carols from Austria, France, Germany, Mexico, Poland and the USA, alongside music both rare and familiar from the rich heritage of the English carol tradition. As well as eight of his personal favourites, from J. S. Bach to Charles Ives, the author includes seven new compositions of his own, settings of medieval and traditional texts that reveal his skill as a choral composer whose command of style ranges from the humorous to the profound.
In addition to sample programmes and translations, there are invaluable notes on the performance and history of individual items, plus an historical summary of the genre as a whole: everything in fact to make Christmas is Coming an indispensable companion for singe who wish to enrich the seasonal repertoire for concerts, churches and traditional Yuletide carolling.
- --Optional parts are in parentheses. Solo parts are lower case--
- All hail to the days - SATB
- Angels we have heard on high - SSAAT(T)B
- Arise and hail the sacred day - SATB
- As I lay upon a night - SATB
- Away in a manger - SATB
- Bring a torch, Jeanette, Isabella - SATB
- Christ the King is born - SSATB(B)
- Christmas is coming - (tb) SSATB
- Dame, get up and bake your pies - SSATB
- Dans la nuit et sous la neige - SATB
- En nombre del cielo - SSATB
- God rest you merry, gentlemen - SATB
- Good King Wenceslas - sb SATB
- Hark! the herald angels sing - SS(AT)B
- Here we come a-wassailing - (st) SSA(A)TB
- I saw three ships - SSATB
- I sing of a maiden - (t) SATB
- I wonder as I wander - (s) SATB
- Il est ne, le divin enfant - (S)SATB
- Little star of Bethlehem - SSATB
- Lully, lulla - SATB
- Masters in this hall - (ab) SSATB
- Noel nouvelet - S(S)ATB
- Nova, nova - t (SA)TB
- Nowell sing we at - (S)ATB
- O Bethlehem - SSATB
- O Jesulein suss - SATB
- O mortal man - SATB
- Out of your sleep - a SATB
- Past three o'clock - SATB
- People, look east - SATB
- Rockabye Jesus - SSATB
- Stille Nacht - (sst) SSATB
- Wassail, wassail - (ssatb) SATB
- Welcome Yule - SSATB
- Whence is that goodly fragrance - SSATB
- Yesterday I saw from far away - tbb SAT(B)B
Christmas is Coming (Carol book)
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Christmas is Coming (Carol book)
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Choir Sheet Music
Ensemble: Choir Music
Genre: Christmas Sheet Music
Format: Vocal Score