Christmas Carols for Flute & Guitar
Guitar & Flute - Intermediate
Composed by Mychal Gendron. Saddle-stitched, Chamber Music. Editiones Classicae. Christmas. Book/CD Set. 96 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.95656BCD).
Item Number: MB.95656BCD
ISBN 9780786665747. Christmas. 9 x 13 inches.
This volume contains some of the most popular traditional carols, arranged for flute and guitar. Most of these duet arrangements allow as much dialogue and interplay between the two instruments as possible, while maintaining each carol's character and spirit. While the flute often carries the melody, the guitar has frequent solo passages of its own to help break the "melody with chords" monotony found in many arrangements of this kind. Modulations, imitative counterpoint and quotations from works by well-known composers will, hopefully, make these little pieces enjoyable for performers as well as listeners. For intermediate level flutists and guitarists. Standard notation only.
- All Through The Night
- Angels We Have Heard On High (Westminster Carol)
- Away In A Manger Performed by Martin Luther
- Bring A Torch, Jeanette, Isabella
- Carol of the Bells
- Coventry Carol
- Deck the Halls
- Ding, dong, merrily on high
- God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen
- Good Christian Me, Rejoice
- Good King Wenceslas
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing Performed by Felix Bartholdy Mendelssohn
- I Saw Three Ships
- Il Est Ne, Le Divin Enfant
- In the bleak midwinter
- Jolly Old St. Nicholas
- Joy To The World Performed by George Frideric Handel
- Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming Performed by Michael Praetorius
- O Come, All Ye Faithful Performed by Francis Wade
- O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
- O Holy Night Performed by Adolphe-Charles Adam
- Silent Night Performed by Franz Xaver Gruber
- The First Noel
- The Holly and the Ivy
- We Three Kings Performed by John Henry Hopkins Jr.
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas Performed by John Henry Hopkins Jr.
- What Child Is This? Performed by John Henry Hopkins Jr.