There are currently no items in your cart.
Children's Medley (percussion sextet from Bach on Wood). Composed by J.S. Bach/Albert Ellmenreich. Arranged by Brian Slawson. Percussion Sextet. For glockenspiel, xylophone, small marimba (4 octave), 5-octave marimba (low C), vibraphone, three timpani (32", 29", 26"), woodblock, triangle, 2 alarm clocks, drumkit, 3 cowbells, temple blocks, ratchet, siren whistle (6 players). Medium. Score and parts on CD-ROM. 10 pages. Duration 3'40". Published by Tapspace Publications (TA.TSPCE-30).
Children's Medley is one of several masterworks arranged for percussion ensemble on the Grammy-nominated CD, Bach on Wood by Brian Slawson. This medley is comprised in three sections. The first two sections, Mussette in D, and Minuet in G, are both from J.S. Bach's, Notebook for Anna Magdalena (1725), a collection of pieces compiled by Bach for his second wife. Spinning Song (the third section of this medley), was composed in the mid-1800s by German composer Albert Elmenreich. Its familiar charm has been enjoyed by generations of piano hobbyists, young and old. Arranged for percussion sextet, each section presents a unique and distinctive sound. Much of its character is driven by the colorful orchestration and the variety of multi-percussion setups which require a careful balance of choreography in instrument and mallet placements. Done well, the showmanship built into Children's Medley will jump off the stage and into the laps of enthusiastic listeners. This piece comes with a full, bound score and includes a CD-Rom containing an audio recording and all individual parts available for printing.
percussion sextet from Bach on Wood
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
percussion sextet from Bach on Wood
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.