There are currently no items in your cart.
Children's Fiddling Method Volume 2 composed by Carol Ann Wheeler. For Fiddle. Squareback saddle-stitched, Methods. Children. Beginning. Book/2-CD Set. 102 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.95279BCD).
ISBN 9780786664849. Children. 9 x 11.75 inches.
This volume builds on the techniques explained in Children's Fiddling Method Volume 1. While created with children in mind, this book is equally well suited for adults, violinists, and string teachers. What sets this method apart from others is that the tunes will first be played slowly, unaccompanied, so that you can hear the notes and how the tune goes. Then, an arrangement follows which is more up to tempo with backup. All of the tunes will be broken down into parts for easier learning, and new fiddling techniques will be explained as they are introduced. Often, different versions will be offered for the same tune, providing variety and a way to learn more concepts, skills, and ideas that can be used in other tunes. The goal is to play along with the two included CDs. Special features of this volume are some optional twin fiddle parts and tips on twin fiddling. These pieces are great for teachers to use with students or for students to play with friends.
- How to Get the Most Out of This Book
- About the Author
- Lesson #1: Preparation for Our First Tune - Wake Up Susan
- Lesson #2: Wake Up Susan (Arrangement #1)
- Lesson #3: Variations for Wake Up Susan
- Lesson #4: Part 1 of Wake Up Susan with variations
- Lesson #5: Variations in Part 2 of Wake Up Susan
- Lesson #6: Wake Up Susan - Putting It All Together
- Lesson #7: Whistler's Waltz
- Lesson #8: Ornaments and Variations Used in Whistler's Waltz
- Lesson #9: Katy Hill
- Lesson #10: Katy Hill - basic tune (Arrangement #1)
- Lesson #11: Katy Hill - The way I play it. (Arrangement #2 with ornaments)
- Lesson #12: Something New! A Bonus! Twin Fiddle
- Lesson #13: Golden Slippers - Two Step (Arrangement #1)
- Lesson #14: Golden Slippers - Twin Fiddle Part
- Lesson #15: Optional Additional Ideas for Golden Slippers
- Lesson #16: Twin Fiddle to Golden Slippers
- Lesson #17: Preparing for Tennessee Gray Eagle
- Lesson #18: Let's play Tennessee Gray Eagle
- Lesson #19: Optional Harmony to Tennessee Gray Eagle
- Lesson #20: Tennessee Gray Eagle - Twin Fiddle Part
- Lesson #21: Optional bonus ideas for Tennessee Gray Eagle
- Lesson #22: Optional bonus licks for the 2nd part of Tennessee Gray Eagle
- Lesson #23: Using "hokum" bowing
- Lesson #24: Bonus hokum pattern - offered for advanced students
- Lesson #25: A Show Arrangement of Tennessee Gray Eagle
- Lesson #26: Preparing For The Bullfrog Blues
- Lesson #27: The Bullfrog Blues
- Lesson #28: Preparing for Marmaduke's Hornpipe
- Lesson #29: Marmaduke's Hornpipe (Arrangement #1)
- Lesson #30: Optional Harmony Part to Marmaduke's
- Lesson #31: Optional Harmony to Marmaduke's Hornpipe
- Lesson #32: More Ideas and Variations for Marmaduke's Hornpipe
- Lesson #33: Marmaduke's Hornpipe (Arrangement #2)
- Lesson #34: Preparation for Bear Creek Hop!
- Bear Creek Hop!
- Lesson #35: Preparation for Roy's Rag
- Lesson #36: Roy's Rag (Arrangement #1)
- Lesson #37: Roy's Rag - Using Two Strings
- Lesson #38: Optional Harmony to Roy's Rag
- Lesson #39: Contemporary Fiddle Tunes
- The Wrist Exercise
- Lesson #40: My Cousin's Reel (Arrangement #1)
- Lesson #41: Optional Twin Fiddle to My Cousin's Reel
- Lesson #42: Optional Variations on My Cousin's Reel
- My Cousin's Reel (Arrangement #2)
- Lesson #43: A New Key!
- Saturday Night Waltz
- Lesson #44: Preparing for Sandy River Belle
- Lesson #45: Sandy River Belle (Arrangement #1)
- Lesson #46: Adding drone strings to Sandy River Belle
- Sandy River Belle (Arrangement #2)
- Lesson #47: Optional Bonus Ideas for Sandy River Belle for Advanced Students
- Sandy River Belle (Arrangement #3)
- Lesson #48 Sandy River Belle - Twin Fiddle Part (Arrangement #1)
- Lesson #49: Sandy River Belle - Twin Fiddle Part (Arrangement #2)
- Lesson #50: Preparing for My Wild Irish Rose
- My Wild Irish Rose
- Lesson #51: Adding Ornaments to My Wild Irish Rose
- Lesson #52: My Wild Irish Rose with Ornaments
- Lesson #53: Woodchoppers' Reel
- Lesson #54: Adding Ornaments to Woodchoppers' Reel
- Lesson #55: Optional Fun Ideas for Woodchoppers' Reel
- Lesson #56: Woodchoppers' Part 2 - Optional Fun Variations
- Lesson #57: Building a New Arrangement of Woodchoppers' Reel
- Lesson #58: East Tennessee Blues
- Lesson #59: Optional Ideas for East Tennessee Blues
- Lesson #60: Putting It All Together for a New Arrangement
- Lesson #61: East Tennessee Blues (Arrangement #3)
- Lesson #62: Preparing for There Came An Old Man To My Daddy's Door (Jig)
- Lesson #63: There Came An Old Man To My Daddy's Door (Jig)
- Lesson #64: Adding Ornaments to "Old Man" Jig
Children's Fiddling Method Volume 2
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Children's Fiddling Method Volume 2
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Genre: Children Sheet Music