There are currently no items in your cart.
Children's Fiddling Method Volume 1 composed by Carol Ann Wheeler. For Fiddle. Saddle-stitched, Methods. All Styles. Beginning. Book/DVD Set. 72 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.94817DP).
ISBN 9780786667642. All Styles. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
As both a championship fiddler and superb teacher, Carol Ann Wheeler brings all her talents to bear in this fiddling book written especially for young children. Students raised in the Suzuki tradition will immediately take to the method, concepts, and techniques used in this book and play-along DVD. Common folk songs familiar to the student are used to demonstrate and teach the basic skill of oldtime fiddle playing. All melodies are first presented in their simplest form followed by more complex variations with introductions, ornaments, and endings. Students of all levels will find challenging material in this book. Younger students can proceed at their own pace, returning to the more difficult variations at a future time. On the DVD, each tune is recorded in split-track format, allowing the student to play with solo violin, guitar accompaniment or both.
- Home on the Range
- French Folk Song
- Red Fox Waltz
- Pop! Goes the Weasel
- Boil The Cabbage
- The Cowboy Waltz Performed by Percy Wenrich
- Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star Performed by Percy Wenrich
- French Waltz
- Mcnabs Hornpipe
- Silver Bell Performed by Percy Wenrich
- Rubber Dolly
- Southwind Performed by Percy Wenrich
- Red River Valley
- Go Tell Aunt Rhody
- She'll be Comin' Round the Mountain
Children's Fiddling Method Volume 1
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Children's Fiddling Method Volume 1
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.