Chet Atkins in Three Dimensions
Guitar (fingerpicking) - Advanced
50 Years of Legenday Guitar Volume 1. Composed by John McClellan and Deyan Bratic. Perfect binding, Transcribed Solos. Country. Book. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.20385).
Item Number: MB.20385
ISBN 9780786670451. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
This tribute contains twenty-two of Chet's greatest solos and duets along with interviews with his daughter, Merle Atkins Russell and close friends such as Jerry Reed, Vince Gill, Eddy Arnold, Don Mclean and many others. This book offers touching insight into the character of an American original, who did much to shape the course of music history and the guitar. Most importantly, Chet Atkins helped thousands of people over the course of his life through kindness and generosity. To quote Jerry Reed, "There is only one." This book is a tribute to a special man, a special artist - a hero to the millions of lives he touched. The Atkins Family has shared many rare photographs which are presented in a special eight-page color insert. Selections include, Heartaches, Caravan, When You Wish Upon a Star (live version), Music to Watch Girls by, Stars and Stripes Forever, Jerry's Breakdown, Nashtown Ville and many others. All music is in standard notation and in tablature.
- Introduction to the Music
- David Conrad - "It's a Wonderful Life"
- Black Mountain Rag
- Minuet - J.S. Bach
- Eddy Arnold - "Make the World Go Away"
- Cy Coben on Chet - "Chet's Tune"
- Streets Of Laredo
- Tony Brown - "The King of Nashville"
- Johnny Smith - "Walk Don't Run, Chet..."
- Take Five
- Going Home
- Bob Beckham - "I know That's Right!"
- Music To Watch Girls By
- Vince Gill - "I Was in Guitar Heaven"
- Minute Waltz
- Mainstreet Breakdown
- Merle Atkins Russell - "Thank You Very Little"
- The Stars And Stripes Forever
- Jerry Reed on Chet - "Hail to the Chief"
- Drive In
- Jerry's Breakdown
- Jorge Morel - "The Pure Artist of the Guitar"
- Choro da Saudade
- Recuerdos De La Alhambra
- When You Wish Upon A Star
- John McClellan - "A Boy's Tale"
- Ray Stevens - "I Haven't Got the Carrot Yet!"
- Oh By Jingo
- Don Light - "He Nailed it Again!"
- Nashtown Ville
- Harry Warner - "They Called Him, Sir"
- La Vie en Rose
- Don McLean - "Starry, Starry Night"
- Vincent (Starry, Starry Night)