There are currently no items in your cart.
Celtic Music For Flute arranged by Jessica Walsh. For flute. Saddle stitch. Celtic, Irish and Folk. Beginner/Intermediate. Flute solo book and performance CD. Standard notation, chord names and introductory text. 38 pages. Duration 70 minutes. Published by ADG Productions (AD.ADG043-CD).
ISBN 1882146875. With standard notation, chord names and introductory text. Celtic, Irish and Folk. 9x12 inches.
Celtic Music For Flute by Jessica Walsh contains 44 tunes for flute which can be played solo or with a chord instrument. This great collection includes tunes from Scotland, Ireland, England, Wales, and the Isle of Man. The melodies were chosen from more than four hundred years of Celtic music. Most of the pieces have been extended with variations, which make the tunes a more suitable length for performances and are a lot of fun for the flutist to play. In addition, they will introduce the beginner to the joys of improvising in Celtic music, in which ornamenting and augmenting melodies is a tradition.Every tune in the book is included on the digitally mastered CD. Though the tunes are very effective as solo material, Jessica chose to record most of them with guitarist Allan Alexander. Allan has rendered the chords artfully, and the result is a really lovely CD which is a pleasure to listen to. For the player who is new to Celtic music, the recording will give insights into the melodies, and it will allow the flutist who has no access to a chord instrument to hear the harmonic progressions. For those who know and love these wonderful tunes, it will be a joy to hear them played by two musicians who obviously love to play this music together.
- Follow My Highland Soldier
- Blythe Was the Time
- Carpenter's Morris
- The Gentle maiden
- O as I Was Kissed Yestreen
- Arrane ny Skeddan (Song of the Herring)
- Song of the Falcon Chief
- Hush! The Waves Are Rolling In
- Hunting the Hare
- Fisherman's Lilt
- The Foggy Dew
- The Cuckoo's Nest
- I Left Him on the Mountainside
- Cold and Raw
- Road to Listonvarna - The Morris Dance
- Silent, O Moyle
- Suo Gan
- Kemp's Jig
- Young Catherine
- My Thousand Times Beloved
- Pat's Missing Finger
- Lassie, Lie Near Me
- Shule Agra
- The Butterfly
- The Swan
- MacCrimmon's Lament
- Come, Give Me Your Hand
- Send 'em Running
- Carolan's Farewell
- The Chase (from Into the Hills)
- Niel Gow's Lament for the Death of His Second Wife
- The Queen's Dream
- Pastheen Fionn
- The Exile Song
- Fear a' Bhata (the Boatmen)
- Parting Forever
- Ye Banks and Braes of Bonnie Doon
- Mary's Lament
- Hush My Babe, Lie Still and Slumber
- An Emigrant's Daughter
- Johnny Cope
- Manx Lullaby
- Blind Mary
Celtic Music For Flute
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Celtic Music For Flute
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Flute Solo Sheet Music
Format: Listening CD